[Custom component] AsusRouter integration

Hello, @automateitall,

Please, update AsusRouter integration and everything will work. The latest version using the 0.19.3 backend (with which you are having problems on the new HA) was 0.18.4.

In order to use HA 2023.3 you need integration version 0.21.1 or 0.22.0 (the latest), which can be downloaded via HACS

Thought I was up to date, but didnā€™t realize I had to look in the HACS integration to check. My bad.

All good now. Thank you!

1 Like

:croissant: Status update

Hello, guys,

There wonā€™t be any release this weekend. Currently, I am working on support for WireGuard and, maybe, some more features. It should be ready soon

4 Likes

If youā€™re working on WG support, please take all the time you need :slight_smile: My HA life will be complete with this, as I find it much more reliable to use the ASUS WG than the HA plugin

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Iā€™m new to Home Assistant and Iā€™m hoping to get some help with this amazing integration Iā€™m trying to use for my RT-AC66U Asus router. Specifically, Iā€™m trying to figure out how to completely disable internet access for all devices connected to the router through Home Assistant.

Iā€™ve been playing around with the settings, but Iā€™m not quite sure what I need to do to achieve this. The default switch for the custom integration only allows me to control parental access for each device individually, but what I really need is a way to block internet access for all devices on the network at once.
Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Hello, guys.

I am sorry for not posting any news lately - there were some matters not allowing me to work on AsusRouter. But from now on the work will continue as usual.

@xavic,

Currently, there is no option to disable internet access for all the connected devices. But potentially such a feature is possible. I will need to think about the possibilities. Meanwhile. can you please suggest a use case for such a ā€œglobal switchā€?

Canā€™t seem to find this is the Raspatory. All that shows up is the ASUSWRT. Why is that?

Hello, @TRI0N,

AsusRouter is a custom component, which can be installed using HACS (HA Community Store, link). If you already have HACS installed, you just need to find AsusRouter there (HACS -> Integrations -> Explore & Download Repositories -> AsusRouter).

Itā€™s been a few days since I realized that the integration was no longer connected to my router (asus RT-AX88U), so I tried to reload it, then uninstall it, reinstall it and reconfigure it, but at each user/password request the response of the system is always ā€œWrong credentialsā€

Has this happened to anyone else, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance

I had se.issue. Since I connected with https everything solved for me. I always used http to connect.

Hello, didnā€™t change anything and after some others restarts, finally worked!

Thanks & Regards

Think it will be possible to reboot an aimesh node?

Thanks for your reply @Vaskivskyi , the use case is as follows:

The internet blocking option per device in the ASUS router is based on MAC address filtering and my kids have found a way to bypass this filter (-: , so I am left with no other option but to enable the all device block option. If it were possible to do it through your plugin, I could program the blocking hours, something that is not available in the ASUS application.

You probably can create an automation to block any new MAC address joining your network.
But you know, there are some pretty safe networks, but thereā€™s not kids-proof networkā€¦ :wink:

Totally agreeā€¦ they have a strong motivation :smiley: but as parents our mission is to keep things as safe as possible and thatā€™s where this plugin can do a great job, weā€™ll see ā€¦

1 Like

Hi @Vaskivskyi , are there any plans to release new update anytime soon?

Hello,

Unfortunately, lately I have experienced some matters not allowing me to work enough on AsusRouter. I hope to solve all of these matters soon and get back to the improvement of the integration.

Please, let me know if there is some exact issue you are waiting to be fixed. If possible, I will try to check it out with higher priority.

I expect the next release to be ready in the following week or two.

2 Likes

Hi, many thanks for coming back.

Iā€™m waiting for this issue to be fixed, but no rush, if you have other priorities, thatā€™s understandable:
[Bug] Cannot add router - uknown error Ā· Issue #564 Ā· Vaskivskyi/ha-asusrouter (github.com)

Thanks,
Peter

Hi @Vaskivskyi - I just wanted to say that this is a great integration project and you have done some amazing work plus great documentation. Thank you!

For the community - Iā€™m new to HA so building my knowledge This integration is a good one to tinker with as it has so much to use. I have my router (RT-AX 86U with latest merlin 388.2) and everything is working fine. I would like to create a card/view that is a list of all connected clients and shows name, icon, RSSI, Band, AiMesh Node each client is connected to. A bit like the web UI and asus mobile app (but better). Is this possible? Building on this, I would also like to show the real time traffic to/from each device in the view.

All of this is achievable in the asus mobile app (just not easy to get to)?

So can anyone help me get started on this? Or am I wasting my timeā€¦

So after a bit of searching through this thread, I found a starting point

type: entities
entities:
  - type: custom:fold-entity-row
    padding: 0
    head:
      entity: sensor.rt_ax86u_connected_devices
      icon: mdi:router-wireless
      tap_action:
        action: none
    entities:
      - type: custom:flex-table-card
        sort_by:
          - devices+
        entities:
          include: sensor.rt_ax86u_connected_devices
        columns:
          - data: devices
            modify: x.ip
            hidden: true
            name: ' Device Name'
            icon: mdi:devices
            modify: x.name
            name: ' Address'
            icon: mdi:ip-network
            modify: x.ip
            name: ' MAC'
            icon: mdi:barcode-scan
            modify: x.mac
        card_mod:
          style: |
            ha-card {
              box-shadow: none;
              background: none;
            }

But this does not produce a list of devices - so not sure what I am doing wrongā€¦

so show the count of devices but nothing in the listā€¦