[Custom component] AsusRouter integration

Hmmm, several entities were disabled by default. Enabled them, so it is working now. Thanks for your help

VPN monitoring is coming soon. And, maybe, not only :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So, we got to 0.5.0. Please, welcome OpenVPN client control. And lots of attributes for those with Merlin.

Of course, some bug fixes and minor improvements are there as well. Already in HACS

Release 0.5.0 :globe_with_meridians: Control and monitor OpenVPN clients Ā· Vaskivskyi/ha-asusrouter (github.com)

3 Likes

After a long delay, 0.6.0 is coming with stability improvement, bug fixes and a couple of cool features. Now you can select units for the network traffic and speed sensors! Also, the connected devices sensor now has a full list of devices (MAC/IP/Hostname) as an attribute, so you can use it for your HA automation!

Was your router offline, when HA started? No problem, it will connect automatically as soon as the device comes online!

Already in HACS. More info:
Release 0.6.0 :racehorse: Stability, customization and bugfixes. Also the full list of connected devices in here :computer: Ā· Vaskivskyi/ha-asusrouter (github.com)

4 Likes

@Vaskivskyi , thanks for this integration. I couldnā€™t get the AsusWRT integration work on my RT-AX58U, but this one does. :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

So happy to see this project! I was googling how to control Asus router from home assistant, because I want an easy way for my family to turn on and off VPN fusion for the living room Apple TV. VPN fusion is an Asus router function allowing me to assign a VPN server to specific devices in the household. We use this to be able to stream TV from our home country, buts a hassle to turn it on and off. With a switch in home assistant I could make this possible with a ZigBee switch that anyone can use :smile: crossing my fingers this will be possible one day :slight_smile: I will install this now and let you whether my router and firmware is compatible .

1 Like

The integration works on my TUF-ax5400 . Sensor seem to be working as expected. It turns out i can Use OpenVPN switch to turn off vpn but itā€™s a bit unreliable , and when the VPN is disconnected, the device just loses internet connection in stead of reverting to direct access to internet. So not in line with the VPN Fusion function I guess. Will experiment a bit more when I find the time :+1::+1:

Hey,

I am glad, the integration works well for your device!

Iā€™ll look into the VPN Fusion functionality, but cannot yet promise any timeframe

For whatever reason, I see my ASUS router twice in the integration window: once by IP and once by name.

Any idea why?

Thanks!

Hey,

Did it appear by itself? So, was it one integration and then the second one appeared?

The only reason for this can be if the HA has run the configuration flow twice. The easiest way to fix will be to remove one and check whether all the entities still work. If not, remove also the second one and add the integration to your HA again

Thanks for your prompt answer and for the nice integration!
In the end I decided to simply reinstall the whole integration and set up things from scratch.

0.7.0 is here:

• reboot service is here, so you can automatically / manually reboot your AsusWRT-powered router directly from HA
  • turn your WiFi networks on /off from HA or just monitor their state
  • more bug fixes and more stability.

Already in HACS. Details:
Release 0.7.0 :globe_with_meridians: Control WiFi networks and reboot your router from HA Ā· Vaskivskyi/ha-asusrouter (github.com)

3 Likes

This is cool!
Well done!

1 Like

:mantelpiece_clock: The most important feature of any integration, for me, is the possibility of just forgetting about it.

I am happy to announce version 0.8.0 of AsusRouter, which allows us to forget about watching its work. No more sensors being stuck and weird server disconnected errors in your log :bug:.

Plus, it can now handle polling all the sensors with only 1 second period. Please, be careful with such short intervals if you have an old device - it might not be able to reply so regularly.

More details:

Release 0.8.0 :boom: No more need to restart integration ever (probably) - the most important bug fix Ā· Vaskivskyi/ha-asusrouter (github.com)

2 Likes

Thank you for your contributions. If I have a stock ASUS (ACRH17) this integration wouldnā€™t work right?!
My router isnā€™t Merlin supported.

Hey, @Tismo,

Yes, of course. The integration works with both the stock and Merlin FW. The RT-ACRH17 was not yet reported by other users, but considering its firmware it should be compatible.

The only missing part might be the LED control feature (I am not sure if this is already available with the latest firmware for your device 3.0.0.4.382.52517) and the load average sensors (Merlin-specific). If you will experience any problems, please open an issue in the integration GitHub. If everything works well, Iā€™d appreciate a device support ticket, so I can add this model to the compatible list.

1 Like

Never done a device support ticket, how can I do it?

Hey, there is a template in the integration GitHub for device support (link). Just fill it in, so I will know what device and FW versions work or do not work correctly.

Submitted!

1 Like

Hi guys!
iā€™m just exploring this card and i wonder - sensor ā€œconnected_devicesā€ has delimiter comma, if i see correct. Now, is there any way to show all devices in one card as a list? All cards i tried show all devices in a single row, thus making reading impossible.
How to create card to show attribute ā€œdevicesā€ and set delimiter so that iā€™d have a nice list, like:

- device1
- device2