Custom component - BlueIris

For those interested I tweaked the MQTT setup for alerts from the blueiris-server.md docs and swapped out { "type": "&TYPE", "trigger": "ON" } with { "type": "MOTION", "trigger": "ON" } to treat all alerts as motion alerts.

I’m using https://github.com/VorlonCD/bi-aidetection and it lets me treat events triggered by that system as motion events.

I stupidities deleted the component in the deps (i think it was) as this had stopped working a while ago and I figured I’d start fresh by re-adding it. Not so. Been looking for the repo to add it via the custom, but can’t find it.
Looking for suggestions . . .

Tia

The component is in the default hacs-installation, so if you have HACS installed just click the plus sign in the lower corner, search for the component and readd it. Or what are you searching for?

I figured it out. I tracked down the page that had all the default integrations, grabbed the blue iris integration folder from there and added it back to the custom components folder, restarted and I’m back on track.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Just looking at this now as I had been making sure Blue Iris 5 was working well before moving it into HA.
Just a couple of notes.
BI 5 seems to have watchdog bugs, it sends the MQTT data on loss of signal, but does not send the data on signal restoration. Seems to be a BI 5 bug. Anyone else found that?
Also, in BI 5 the MQTT Test button no longer crashes BI and works properly :). Not sure if the documentation needs updating a little but on the BI setup.
I have found that even if the cameras are physically disconnected that the Connectivity will still show connected (even after BI has sent the Connectivity OFF MQTT data).
Any advice?

Edit: Also, is there a way to get audio from the camera into Home Assistant? Reolink Integration does that, but 2k (5MP) cameras have a 10 second latency and the 4K cameras never load with that integration.

hi all,

Over the last few weeks BlueIris started causing issues, it began with the motion sensors that stoped working after adding AI DeepStack capabilities and only after reseting the checkbox to prevent blocking events it started working again (for those of you still have that issue),
the next version caused massive memory leak up until the application crashed (took 2 hours in 32GB environment).

I decided to give a try for Shinobi Video which is free for non-commercial usgae, so far, for 2 weeks it works amazing, including person detection and lots of other goodies.

I’ve created custom component for that, available at:
HA Forum
GitHub

Therefore, I’m not activly maintaining that integration, you can suggest PR and if it was tested I will approve it, if someone would like to join as maintainer up until BI will get more stable (renewed the license a month ago) feel free to contact me.

thanks

After some of the Deepstack"trouble" with BI it runs smoothly again since a week, at least at my side.
Maybe you can give it a try again some time in the future, I really enjoyed your integration and hope it will be maintained in the future.
However, thanks so far for this integration and all your work you have put in it!

@bar I can’t say thank you enough. It’s because of this integration that I decided to make the switch to HA.

Did run into something last night. A bit of a wish list item but the behavior is odd.

I only want the Blue Iris Server entity with Profiles (switches) and schedules to show in HA. I don’t want any of the other components (cameras, audio, dio, motion etc).
Initially this appears to work if I uncheck all of the components except for the 4 Profiles and 1 schedule I want. I only see Blue Iris Server as the 1 device with 5 entities.
The problem is that the entities all get disabled “by the integration” at this point.

If I go back to Configure and reset the components to default so everything is brought in, my profiles and schedule are back enabled.

Thoughts?

Thank you for this integration! The motion detection support is super useful, and bring updating pics into HA is also really useful.

A question about PTZ cameras. Is there a way for HA to have a continually updated sensor that indicates which preset the camera is set to? I have a PTZ camera that is supposed to return to it’s home position after 10 minutes of use, but sometimes fails to do this.

I think I can use a curl command to command the camera to move to a preset (though having that built in to this integration would be great), but can’t figure out how to pull in the state of where the PTZ camera and have it be acted on by HA.

Thx!
mike

I know this component is no longer maintained but I’m so glad I found it! Compared to how I previously had my cameras set up this is so much better - so many options and much tighter integration.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I just found this and it’s awesome! So much simpler than the camera component and support for H264 as well. This is really the best way to use BI and HA.

Hey all.
I’ve created a few PRs for this integration but am not sure how often @bar checks them.
The biggest one is adding a service to trigger cameras and camera groups.
My primary use case for this is triggering a handful of cameras when my driveway sensor goes off though I have some other cases where I don’t want to rely on motion detection and this addresses that.

If anyone wants to test it out, let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi @kramttocs, I saw all the PRs,
due to personal reason, I’m limited with access to my laptop, added you as contributer to the project

thanks

1 Like

Thanks @bar!
I hope all is ok.

The work you have done on this integration is beyond impressive.

Hey all,
I’ve released 3 releases today. Interested in any feedback.
Thanks

• New Feature: Added a service (Move to Preset) for moving a specified camera to a specified preset

• New Feature: Added a service (Trigger Camera) for triggering cameras and camera groups

• Fix for 2021.9.0 Breaking Change: Custom integrations: Cameras - Issue #127
  • Fixed Info logging message when setting profile and schedule
1 Like

See release 1.0.10 for setting it.
It can be retrieved also and I am looking into it. Still new to HA programming so haven’t settled on the details but I figure a disabled sensor is the best route. Time to learn how to code a sensor :slight_smile:

If you want to submit a feature request in github we can track it there.

1 Like

I’m at a loss. I’ve added the BlueIris repo from HACS. I’ve rebooted - core, host, all of it - several times. When I go to configuration → integrations and try to add Blue Iris, it doesn’t show up.

I see the integration is recognized in the logs (I see the warning about the untested integration), but no matter what I do, I am unable to add it.

I’m running core 2202.3.8, supervisor 2202.03.5, and HAOS 7.5.

The BI integration from HACS is version 1.0.12

I must be missing something, somewhere, but I can’t figure out what. Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance!!

I think I ran into this when I started, I cleared the browsers cookies and was able to find the integration.

1 Like

Well I’ll be dipped in…

Something so silly. That did it.

But, now I see that this is no longer being supported… Before I go shelling out $ for it, and for Deepstack… Any other recommendations for a different solution that runs on Windows 10 and does NVR/facial recognition/object recognition?

I believe It’s still being supported by community developers when they have the time, just not by the author.

Your other option is Frigate, people seem to like it a lot.

EDIT: Not windows though.