Custom Component / Card: Plex meets Home Assistant

It will be orange if you use runBefore.

Hi there, fantastic work. Thank you very much.
I have a problem when viewing the card on the home assistant mobile app. No matter what I try with the settings, the card always displays with one movie on a second row, as pictured. I have it configured for 1 row only. It displays correctly when viewed on my computer.

The bug only appears when horizontal scroll is turned on.

Hello there, great card thanks.
Is there any way to wrap the synopsis Text? It’s currently going off on a horizontal scroll and I’d really like to keep it within the card borders.
Thanks for all you’re doing. :slight_smile:

I have multiple players set up, but when I click an item, it just autoplays to a random device in my list. how do I choose a device when I play something?

1 Like

I have the dashboard set up and can search movies and play in the browser - I also have 3 tvs set up as entities - how do I choose which one the movie plays on?

1 Like

The card will not let me select http. Only https is listed. How can I resolve this?

Read readme it is answered there including reason and solution.

1 Like

Excuse me if this has already been detailed but I can’t find what I’m looking for.

I have this set up with my plex music library with 6 devices/speakers (mixture of sonos and google home devices) configured. When I select the music I want and click on the play button it doesn’t allow me to choose which device to play on, instead seemingly choosing a random device instead.

Have I missed something here? Ideally I would like a popup or something to choose the device I want it to play on.

Did you manage to work this out?

It is not random. Check readme which describes how the order works and also do what you want to do.

I’m a little confused on how to use ‘input_select’.
My devices list 5 cast devices and 2 sonos but I’m reading that the sonos speakers would not be possible to include in the input_select?

Sorry of this sounds simple but where do i find input_select anyway? It’s not an option in the dropdown of devices.Capture

edit: okay, now i see input_select is an integration - great! Thanks for the help

1 Like

Were you able to figure this out? I am trying to create a card for my daughter’s bedroom. I created a playlist for her and added it to the card. I selected her bedroom’s Sonos speaker as the device. I set shuffle to “Yes” in the code editor. If I press play on the first track on the playlist, it plays the track through the speaker just fine, but stops at the end of the track.

Is there a way to play on a LG smart TV

Yes. I have this setup up on all my LG TVs (6).

How did you do it?

Call a script inside the card which is one of the options.

The script calls that specific TV and sets the input to Plex.

Thanks
Have you got the code I can work from.

Here is the code version:

type: custom:plex-meets-homeassistant
protocol: https
sort: addedAt:desc
displayType: ''
playTrailer: false
showExtras: false
showSearch: true
ip: My IP
token: My Token