Custom Component: Crow Runner / Arrowhead AAP 8/16 Alarm IP Module

Honestly be careful with that cable; since because of idiocy i made the cable backwards and burned some resistors on the alarm panel. It is still working but i am almost sure that the data upload/download will never work anymore :sweat_smile:

Hi Jock,

Is this the software youā€™re after? ULD16.

Please let us know how you get on because I also have a crow runner 8/16 and would be keen to use this trick to access the alarm panel settings via the IP-module card.

@marchino I emailed @Crumpy10 and he sent me a copy but it looks like itā€™s exactly the same as that link. I havenā€™t tried it out yet, but Iā€™ll keep everyone posted on here.

@febalci and @Crumpy10 I just wanna make sure I understand correctly - I have the Crow Runner 8/16 panel. Should I be using the IP loom cable or the 10 way serial crossover cable between IP module and alarm panel for this upload/download software to work?

As far as I know both stay connected, I have always fitted both and itā€™s worked fine, I seem to remember seeing a note somewhere that you need both for the uld software to work but this is using the elite s boards.

@Crumpy10 Iā€™m actually not even sure where I would connect the other cable. There is the red circled female connector on the IP module - I donā€™t see any other matching connector. Is the blue circled connector on the panel the D-Link serial that would go to the green circled connector? Do you know where the other two connectors connect to?

Guess the connection should be btw blue and green:

Since blue has 2x7 pins, the connection should be like D-link (Leave 2 sides 2x1 empty):

IP loom cable looks like it has more pins. So i believe 2x5 cable is still the way to go.

Yet; i burned my resistors; it is your bravery call :laughing:

Looking at the installation manual for your alarm, I would say its the Blue and yellow connectors. But again its your call, I personally have not worked on these boards.

By elimination, Iā€™m pretty confident that itā€™s the Green connector on the IP-Module card. The Red female one is used to hold the 3G daughterboard:

Product R4816-3G: R4816-4G IP Module > Crow

As for the Crow alarm panel, I agree with @Crumpy10 and @febalci that itā€™s the Blue one, even if itā€™s a 2x7 on the board. Only the middle 2x5 pins are relevant, as used by the Crow USB D-Link and EEPROM products.

I would like to know what the pink connector in your picture is used for. Could be some undocumented debug connector.

Can I ask is this still under active development / working with the latest versions of Home Assistant? Would be great if so, but donā€™t want to do a load of testing with a custom component if its not workable. Thanks.

Well i am still using it with 0.113.2 and have no problem so farā€¦

Hi All,

Is it possible to use this without changing the firmware if you already have the telnet port responding?

Well normally you would be needing the 2.10.3628 2017 Oct 20 09:48:43 version, since this is developed mainly for home automation connections. When you have a telnet connection with your stock firmware, try to type in ā€˜STATUSā€™ and press Enter. How does it respond???

Hi, I got always NOPā€¦ Iā€™m using putty donā€™t know if I need some special settingā€¦

Unfortunately In that case, you need to upload 2.10.3628 2017 Oct 20 09:48:43 version firmware you can get from AAP. Thatā€™s the only way this component will workā€¦

Thanks! I will contact them to see if they can help.

Hi Guys,

I just got reply from crow and I have now the firmware files, standard and ip control + IAP2.0.0.35 tool for the flash.

Since I donā€™t have the cable and it would cost at least 50ā‚¬ is anyone able to help me doing it by ftdi?

Saw the pinouts on a previous post but I want to make sure I dont kill the IP Moduleā€¦

Regards in advance,
Nuno

Honestly, since the same d-link whatever cable can be used for back up/restore of settings, i believe it is better to make a one time investment for that. Although 50ā‚¬ still seems too expensive. O n the other hand if you fry ip-module i guess the loss would be more expensiveā€¦

Hey Everyone,
Its been a while since I could spend any tie on HA. Hope everyones doing ok in this crazy world.

Anyway, I have noticed that each zone reports back to HA that the sensor is ON when its not triggered.

@febalci how do I invert this as I have used badges to display an icon for each PIR and its always running unless triggered. Where do I invert this?

Cheers

Crumpy

Sorry @Crumpy10, couldnā€™t get the problem exactly. The binary_sensor for letā€™s say PIRā€™s stand like this:

binary_sensor.ebeveyn_pir 	off      

attributes:
open: false
bypass: false
alarm: false
tamper: false
friendly_name: Ebeveyn PIR
device_class: motion

So, when it triggers (sees any movement) both entity and ā€œopenā€ attributes goes to ā€œonā€ both.

Is yours acting exactly opposite??

Sorry, will try to explain a little bit better.

So when no movement is detected I get the running man on the badges I have set.
In the developer tab I get this-:

open: false
bypass: false
alarm: false
tamper: false
friendly_name: Hallway
device_class: motion

I also just noticed this when I click the badge icons-:

Hallway
3 weeks ago
Detected
No state history found.