Custom component: Horizon EOS Settopbox (Arris DCX960) - Not functional anymore!

Hello sholofly,
How can I get the current state of the media box (see if it is paused for example)
I only get the state “playing” if I turn the media box on, even if I pause the media box. Did I miss something in my setup by any chance ?

If you’re watching TV or recordings and it’s not paused, it should reflect the playing state. If you’ve paused or are watching Netflix or another app, it isn’t possible to get the playing state. Can you explain in more detail?

Iam watching TV, I can start and pause the TV / ziggo box from the dashboard, but the current state on the dashboard always says “Playing”, the pause button also doesn’t change if the TV program fysicaly pauses on the tv. (I would expect that to change if I hit the pause button).

Update, I did “Redownload” the Arris DCX960 v1.2.0 in Hacs, and restarted home assistant , now it works !

Nice to hear @robdiederen! If you have feedback, please let me know!

It has stopped working, did ziggo change something?

Yes, the backend API changed… Reported on github already.

For Ziggo users: I’ve created a new component: GitHub - Sholofly/lghorizon: Custom integration to control LG Horizon settop boxes
It’s in beta and still lacks a lot of features, But i can use some Ziggo testers.

for Telenet, Virgin users (GB):

I can use some people who want to help configuring it for these countries. Please contact me on discord: Sholofly#4951

1 Like

The new component is working perfect. Thanks.

@KeesG60 Thank you Kees. The old component had some stabillity issues over long term. Please keep an eye on the component and report your findings here if you find any issues

1 Like

I’ve updated the component for users of Magenta (AT), UPC Switzerland and Virgin Ireland. Please let me know if it works or not!

1 Like

HI Rudolf,

I would love to test it in Switzerland, but if I search in the Integration page I do not find LG Horizon at all.

What do i do wrong?

Regards
René

Hi Rene!

Can’t you add the repo manually in HACS?

I think it’s not imported officially yet in HACS.

1 Like

Exactly, Thanks @sammyke007!

@rene-zuch The request for adding it to the main repository of hacs is on the way!

1 Like

@sholofly
@sammyke007

Hi Guys,

I lost an hour because Adding a custom repository in HACS was not working. After some cursing I found out it was related to Safari. When I switched to Chrome i was able to add an custom repository.

I can now confirm that the new integration is working in Switzerland.

Thanks for your work.

Regards
René

2 Likes

good day sir, i am about to be upgraded to the Virginmedia TV 360 in the UK, will this be supported by chance?

thanks for your time

Hi Matt,

I hope so. I need a tester with some technical knowledge or the will to share the login so i am able to configure the whole thing for Virgin GB. Besides that my free time is limited coming two weeks.

Please let me know if you are available to help!

1 Like

virgin is being completely stupid and i have no idea when the upgrade is going ahead, wasted 5 hours so far on the phone, but am very new to home assistant but am a tech nerd, i will ponder over the account share though also

@orby I’m ready for it. Please contact me on discord Sholofly#4951

Wanted to say thanks as well @sholofly , new lg horizon works very good with Ziggo :slight_smile: