Custom component: Horizon EOS Settopbox (Arris DCX960) - Not functional anymore!

:scream: - ok, that was interestingā€¦ thanks @sholofly, SPOT on.

1 Like

Working for me! Thx

1 Like

Not working for me. The integration doesnĀ“t show up in HA Integrations. Also not after clearing the browser cache. Nothing in the logs. Any ideas?

Thx
RenƩ

Did you install the new hacs repo?

Yes I did. ItĀ“s working now. I was thinking the addon appears by it self on the HA inegration page but it didnĀ“t. I did search for it in the search bar on top.

Then I found out that I had to add a new integration and search there.

So for me this part in the documentation is not good enough:

1. Configure the integration using the HA integration page, Search for ArrisDCX960.

I would rather write it like this:

1. Configure the integration using the HA integration page, Add Integration and Search for ArrisDCX960.

RenƩ

1 Like

I agree! I will update it soon! Thanks for your contribution!

Installed the new integration today. I hope this will resolve the disconnection issues once and for all.
I have high hopes.

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™ve been trying to get this integration working but it my mediabox keeps showing up unavailable.

I removed the ziggonext integration, cleared browser cache, reinstalled integration multiple times and also rebooted HomeAssistant more than once, but still no succes.

My ziggo mediabox is configured with ā€œSnelle Startā€ as energy setting.
Connected to network via cable and a static IP.

Hi, welkom! Please install the arris_dcx960 integration. You can remove the Ziggonext config and install the new component using the user interface!

Hi Sholofly,

Iā€™ve done that already. Removed Ziggonext completly from HACS, Config etc.
Installed arris_dcx960 repo through HACS and then added the integration via the HomeAssistant UI. Configurated all properly with my ziggo login & pw, but my mediabox stays ā€œUnavailableā€ā€¦

Edit: problem seems to be solved after getting the mediabox completly from the power.

Really nice custom component! Does anyone know if it is possible to directly play radio channel using this integration.

Unfortunately thatā€™s not possible. Apps are not available to control remotely

I already thought that, thanks a lot. The functionality that is available is great! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

The Arris integration fails regulary for me at a restart of HA Core with this error:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/arris_dcx960/__init__.py:45
Integration: Arris DCX960 (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 08:00:34 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:13:43

Error setting up entry bouwe.westerdijk for arris_dcx960
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/config/custom_components/arris_dcx960/__init__.py", line 45, in async_setup_entry
    await hass.async_add_executor_job(api.connect)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/arris_dcx960/arrisdcx960.py", line 276, in connect
    self.get_session_and_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/arris_dcx960/arrisdcx960.py", line 58, in get_session_and_token
    self.get_session()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/arris_dcx960/arrisdcx960.py", line 66, in get_session
    self.get_default_session()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/arris_dcx960/arrisdcx960.py", line 79, in get_default_session
    if status[0]['code'] == 'invalidCredentials':
KeyError: 0

Both with v1.0.5 and v1.0.3

I should add that my Ziggo 4K box is not set to the high energy mode.

De Energy mode shouldnā€™t be the problem in this case. Would you mind to create an issue in the Github Repo?

Great plugin

I have a question
When i change channel i see a popup on tv
Can i send a message as popup wiht my own text??

Nico

Probably, I donā€™t have any documentation about that part of the box so I hope I can figure it out by reverse engineering. Please would you mind to create a feature request in my repo?

Question - Iā€™m looking to control a BE Telenet TV-Box, preferably Iā€™d like to use commands sent over TCP/IP, avoiding wireless as much as possible.
I have little or no experience with Home Assistant, but do have some Raspiā€™s for experimenting lying around.

What can be done with this HA component? What are the limitations?
Preferably Iā€™d like to be able to:

• switch from standby to on (not sure but I think it consumes about as much power in standby as in on mode)
  • select any ā€œchannelā€ either TV or radio
  • in the same ā€œsceneā€ also power on either TV or AV-Receiver and control these (TV = old Sharp Aquos, AV-Receiver = Denon)

Many years ago I went rather deep with LinuxMCE, a lot of external components could be controlled over TCP/IP.
I would be very interested if similar could be done with HA.

Thanks for informing and helping out!

Hi! You can control the box on an almost identical way as you can do it within the website environment. That means that you can turn it on and off, switch channels and emulate all the buttons of your remote that are used to control your box. The HA media player also support browsing through your recordings. Unfortunately controlling the radio is not an optionā€¦

Can UK PreProd be added to the country config?

I tried just adding gb-preprod to const.py (in same way NL pre-prod is included) but it fails as soon as I try to connect with error in log : ā€˜custom_components/arris_dcx960/config_flow.py:49ā€™

Thanks