Custom Component - HP Printer

thanks for your reply…bad news…

In the readme file there are instruction of how to extract debug files, please post them

Thanks

If you didn’t get result from the url, the component cannot communicate with it…

@bar

What should I fill in the second row?

The IP address of the printer, no http or anything - just the numbers, e.g.

For those of you that have printers that do not expose configuration via shared .xml files, I created set of sensors to monitor status of HP laser printers via SNMP : HP Printer over SNMP
Not sure for what models it will work (I use CP1515n), but perhaps after small modification it can be rused.

I’m using the HP smart ink service and so it would be great to use the Print Counter value to ‘count-down’ the number of pages remaining for the plan I’m on (free 15 pages/month). I think I can manage this with the HA Counter entity but to save myself a lot of head scratching, has anyone already implemented this? It would be a great feature of the integration actually.

All,
I love what you are doing, and like to setup the same. However, using 0.107.7, I do not see “hpprinter” as an option in the UI to add as an integration. Plugging it straight into the configuration.yaml results in error (non existing integration).
Can you give me a headstart here ?
Tnx for pointing me in the right direction,
John

Did you restart the HA after copying the files and cleaned the cache in the Integrations page (sometimes it helps :slight_smile:) ?

thanks

@bar Thanks for your reply!
The problem I face is, I have started with a fresh 0.107.7 maiden installation. I have been digging into this forum and the github repository to absorb all there is I could find on this integration.
I would do a restart and browser cache cleanup after installing the files, but the billion dollar question is: which files to install where? The readme.md on github does not give me any clue…
Tnx for any advice, grtz
John

It’s available in HACS, are you using it?

Pfff, my bad … Never looked for it there…
Will get it going, and let you know how things are progressing!
Many thanks for fast response. Stay safe!

Grtz
John

Newbie here. Using HA, tried to pull from the Github but the addon doesn’t seems to appear. I went to Supervisor > Add-On Store > Add new repository br URL and pasted the previous link. Any idea of what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance and great work!

This is a custom component not an addon, it’s available for installation via HACS, please look for HP Printer and install it

1 Like

Did you changed this code after the update of bar-card to 3.0.0 ?
I have a huge headache trying it and unsuccesully… If you already changed it can you PLEASE share the code?

@Maurizio, you can take look at my code for SNMP printer monitoring for inspiration; I just updated it to use new bar-card 3.0.0.

1 Like

Does it work with HP Photosmart C309A?

details of how to check it available in the documentation

in case you have width defintion, please remove it and it will work

I was surprised to see when I upgraded to 0.108 that my HP DeskJet 3630 was discovered by the new Internet Printing Protocol integration and provides the same sensors as this custom component apart from 1) The number of pages scanned and 2) The status binary sensor.

Considering I have the pretty heavy weight HACS installed only for this custom component, I’ve gone with this new native printer integration and uninstalled HACS/this custom component.

That’s not to take away from the great work done on this, and I’m not sure how compatible the new integration is with various HP printers.

If anyone does the same, be sure to remove “HP Printers” from the integrations page first, then uninstall the HP Printers HACS extension. If it’s done the other way around “HP Printers” on the integrations page can’t be removed.