Custom Component - HP Printer

I already added it few months ago follow your suggestion, there should be a printer sensor represents that information

This is what I see, although the printer is in power save mode (inPowerSave). Is this what I expect to see?

Will send later the mapping

PRINTER_STATUS = {
    "ready": "On",
    "scanProcessing": "Scanning",
    "copying": "Copying",
    "processing": "Printing",
    "cancelJob": "Cancelling Job",
    "inPowerSave": "Idle",
    "": "Off",
}
1 Like

Managed to understand how it goes.

Also works with HP LaserJet Pro MFP M26nw.

Thanks
Tiago

Hi,
I installed and configured the component for my HP printer without problem. Thank you for the good work!
Is there any way to send commands to the printer, like printing a test page on a regular basis?

Thanks

Hi,
In configuration log I have warnings:

Value cannot be processed as a number: <state sensor.hp_4645_inkcartridge_cyanmagentayellow=0; unit_of_measurement=%, friendly_name=HP 4645 Inkcartridge CyanMagentaYellow, Color=CyanMagentaYellow, Type=Inkcartridge, Station=N/A, Product Number=N/A, Serial Number=N/A, Manufactured By=N/A, Manufactured At=N/A, Warranty Expiration Date=N/A, Installed At=N/A, icon=mdi:cup-water @ 2020-12-15T11:34:56.548417+02:00> (Offending entity: %)
    Value cannot be processed as a number: <state sensor.hp_4645_inkcartridge_black=20; unit_of_measurement=%, friendly_name=HP 4645 Inkcartridge Black, Color=Black, Type=Inkcartridge, Station=N/A, Product Number=N/A, Serial Number=N/A, Manufactured By=N/A, Manufactured At=N/A, Warranty Expiration Date=N/A, Installed At=N/A, icon=mdi:cup-water @ 2020-12-15T11:34:56.551370+02:00> (Offending entity: %)

What can be done to correct them ?

hp deskjet 2655 supported by this ? i was able to install intergation through hacs but can’t find it under configuration > integrations

Did you get it up and running?

I have the same problem. I have had it earlier, but made a fresh HA installation and can’t get it working now.

yes i got it working yesterday, idk what happened but my integration was not showing under config - > integration

Has the component been removed from HA Integrations? Nothing appears, other than IPP or are we suppose to add it via HACS?

2 Likes

You should install it from HACS first

I only have these sensors showing up. Where are other sensor that show breakdown of the printing and scanning?

• sensor.hp_envy_5000_series_uptime
    • binary_sensor.hp_printer_connectivity
    • sensor.hp_printer_inkcartridge_black
    • sensor.hp_printer_inkcartridge_cyanmagentayellow
    • sensor.hp_printer_printer
    • sensor.hp_printer_scanner
    • sensor.hp_printer_status

Hi,
Have a issue with the status of the printer. Everything look fine in the setup. I get the values of the cartridges and the status value showing “Idel”.
The problem is that if I print 1-2 pages, it never changes from Idel to Printing. If I print a lot of pages it does.
I think it must be something with the polling interval. Any way to change this the pollong interwal. I can not find it.

not showing in HACS either
Edit: found

I have tried installing this integration but its not appearing in list of Integrations, even though the log file mentions it as untested by Home Assistant. I’m sure I had it working on a previous version of HA. I’m now running 2021.12.6.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Could be relared to browser cache, pls try it adter clearing the cache

Thanks

Sorry, I found the issue. The permissions were set incorrectly so the foldersd were not writeable. Changed that and it now works fine.

Found the integration but it won’t set up. I get this:
Translation Error: The intl string context variable "IP" was not provided to the string "Invalid server details, please try manually access to `http://{IP}//DevMgmt/ProductStatusDyn.xml` (Replace placeholder with IP or Hostname), in case it's accessible, please report the issue with logs"

Can you post the XML resulted from the request in the log message?

Thanks