Custom Component: Hubitat

I just published v0.8.2b2 with a fix for the Blueprint issue. Give that a try and see if it resolves your issue.

1 Like

Thank you for the fast review. I can confirm that the issue is resolved. Automations function as expected when created via blueprint, and there are no errors present on HA reboot.

Hi,

Got a problem with Hubitat Integration. I could import all Hubitat devices. However, all sensors would not get updated in HA dashboard. I could turn on some lights in HA but the button would immediately “spring” back to off even the lights are still on. But in Hubitat, the device status are reflecting correctly, which is still on.

Is there anyway, you can get correct and real-time status if all Hubitat devices?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I’ve been using the Hubitat integration for quite a while now with 2 different Hubitat hubs acting just as radios for my HA installation. It’s been working perfectly until one of my Hubitat’s just died. I’m about to replace it with a new hub.

Is there any guidance on anything I should do on the HA side to ease the transition and be able to re-use all of the entities already created for the old hub? I know I’ll need to manually re-set up all of my devices again on the Hubitat side, and I can name each device with the same name as before, but I assume that it’s likely that the maker API IDs will change for the devices so it won’t be plug-and-play.

Any thoughts? Is there any way in HA to see what Maker API IDs are associated with each Hubitat device and manually update them?

There’s not an official smooth path to switching out a Hubitat hub. You could probably do this:

1. Shutdown HA
  2. Edit configuration/.storage/core.config_entries and find the entry for the Hubitat you’re replacing. Record the first part of its data.access_token value; it will be a string of letters and numbers like 9f8312ab5. Update the entry’s title, data.host, data.app_id, and data.access_token to match the new hub (the title is just “Hubitat (first part of access token)”).
  3. Search the files in configuration/.storage and replace all occurrences of the first part of the old access token with the first part of the new access token.
  4. Update the all the Hubitat device IDs (short integer values) to match the IDs no the new hub
  5. Restart HA.

I’m having an issue with the Hubitat integration since a recent reboot. I’m guessing maybe I made a change on the Hubitat side that the integration doesn’t like… I’m not sure what change in Hubitat broke the HA integration.

Below is the error when the integration tries to load in HA. In particular it is complaining about ATTR_ALARM. I’m not sure what this is used for? Any ideas or references I could look up to get the integration working again?

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:810
First occurred: November 10, 2022 at 3:24:07 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:07:36 AM
Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration hubitat: cannot import name ATTR_ALARM from hubitatmaker.const (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/hubitatmaker/const.py)

Thanks

That’s an issue somewhere on the Home Assistant side. Basically, it’s saying the Hubitat integration code in HA is trying to use a value named ATTR_ALARM from the hubitatmaker python package, and for some reason it can’t find the value.

What version of the integration are you using, and what version of HA are you running?

One thing you might try is to open the integration page in HACS (assuming you’re using HACS), click the three-dot menu button in the upper right of the page, choose Redownload, and the click Download.

Thanks for the reply…

I’m running all the latest versions of HA (2022.11.2), Hubitat C7 (2.3.3.140) and your integration (0.8.2). The issue started after reboot of HA for the Nov.8 HA update (11.2). The Hubitat integration was showing the error I originally mentioned. At that time, I went into HACS and tried the Re-Download as you mentioned, but that didn’t make a difference. I then tried to remove the integration from HACS and re-add after a reboot. I was able to re-add the integration repo in HACS but when trying to add the integration in Settings, it throws the same error as when it originally stopped working and does not add the integration.

I also went in and removed any automations that were using Hubitat devices (only Z-Wave devices remaining on Hubitat), thinking there was an issue with one of them causing this.

Is there a reference to completely remove your integration and re-load, outside of removing from HACS? Maybe once removed it’s remembering the Hubitat integration settings when reloaded?

I was hoping to eliminate Hubitat at some point and add a USB Z-Wave controller to HA… not sure if this will work as well…

When I go into Hubitat and copy the Maker API / Get All Devices URL, I can open in a separate window without issue.

http://192.168.11.150/apps/api/461/devices?access_token=427xxxxxx

[{“id”:“448”,“name”:“Dome Door Sensor”,“label”:“Side Door”,“type”:“Dome Door Sensor”,“room”:“Dining Room”},{“id”:“480”,“name”:“GoControl Dimmer WD500Z-1”,“label”:“Island Lights”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Dimmer”,“room”:“Kitchen”},{“id”:“3”,“name”:“Dome Motion Sensor”,“label”:“Laundry Room Motion Sensor”,“type”:“Dome Motion Sensor”,“room”:“Laundry Room”},{“id”:“4”,“name”:“Leviton DZPA1 Plug”,“label”:“Bedroom Lamp”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Switch”,“room”:“Bedroom”},{“id”:“6”,“name”:“Leviton DZPA1 Plug”,“label”:“Lava Lamp”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Switch”,“room”:“Russell’s Room”},{“id”:“7”,“name”:“Leviton DZPA1 Plug”,“label”:“Internet”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Switch”,“room”:“Swiches”},{“id”:“39”,“name”:“GoControl Dimmer WD500Z-1”,“label”:“Office Lights”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Dimmer”,“room”:“Office”},{“id”:“104”,“name”:“GoControl Dimmer WD500Z-1”,“label”:“Outside Lower Lights”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Dimmer”,“room”:“Outside”},{“id”:“136”,“name”:“Leviton DZS15 Switch”,“label”:“Pool Lights”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Switch”,“room”:“Outside”},{“id”:“200”,“name”:“Dome Door Sensor”,“label”:“Patio Door”,“type”:“Dome Door Sensor”,“room”:“Living Room”},{“id”:“105”,“name”:“GoControl Dimmer WD500Z-1”,“label”:“Outside Upper Lights”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Dimmer”,“room”:“Outside”},{“id”:“169”,“name”:“Dome Door Sensor”,“label”:“Back Door”,“type”:“Dome Door Sensor”,“room”:“Laundry Room”},{“id”:“170”,“name”:“Leviton DZS15 Switch”,“label”:“Laundry Room”,“type”:“Generic Z-Wave Switch”,“room”:“Laundry Room”},{“id”:“246”,“name”:“Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock”,“label”:“Back Door Lock”,“type”:“Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock”,“room”:“Laundry Room”},{“id”:“345”,“name”:“Pixel Dad (Hubitat)”,“label”:“Pixel Dad (Hubitat)”,“type”:“Mobile App Device”,“room”:“Swiches”}]

This was going to be my next suggestion.

The issue isn’t with how the integration is being used or how it’s interacting with the Hubitat hub, but with how the code is being loaded by Home Assistant. I’ve only ever heard of this happening one other time, and that user resolved the issue by updating HACS, then removing and reinstalling the integration. The current version of HACS is 1.28.3, so if you’re behind, that might be worth a shot.

I bought an Aeotec Z-Stick 7 a few months ago and moved all my zwave devices over to Home Assistant. It’s been pretty great. :slight_smile:

When I re-added the Hubitat integration when the issue began, it never asked me the initial config questions, e.g. Hubitat IP, token, etc. How can this info be edited after initial config?

HACS is latest as well… 1.28.3

1 Like

When you add the integration with HACS, it just becomes available to HA, but isn’t actually installed. To add an instance of the integration to HA, go into Settings → Integrations and click the Add Integration button in the lower right. Search for Hubitat and select it. You should immediately get a “Connect to your Hubitat hub” popup, or some sort of visible error in HA. If not, there’s a more significant issue somewhere.

Just wondering where that detail is stored in HA? It seems to have saved that detail even after I removed it. I’m getting the original error when trying to add the integration in Settings. The integration was working flawlessly for many months until just recently. If the Hubitat detail is still stored in HA I’d like to verify the info hasn’t changed on the Hubitat side.

All the information about the installed integration is saved in <config>/.storage. The configuration entry, which has the hub IP and token, is in core.config_entries. Information about the devices and entities that HA has setup for the Hubitat devices is in core.device_registry and core.entity_registry.

The Hubitat integration was able to be added immediately after installing HA Core 11.3 update, released today.

After significant effort troubleshooting and posting in this forum, I was not able to resolve after 11.2 was installed.

What’s puzzling is this problem did not occur for others using this integration, unless no one else reported it in the forum.

Big thanks to Jason Cheatham for helping me troubleshoot his great integration, even though it turned out to be HA Core issue.

Lesson learned would be to learn how to revert an update and post as HA Core bug, which I would have done if it reported by others.

Is it really so that HA reports Hubitat location mode information but that information cannot be used in automations?

Issue similar to rog889 from 12 October:
Hubitat Integration (v. 0.8.3) installed on HA 2022.11.4 (Supervisor 2022.11.2.)
Working on adding in some Z-Wave door sensors (using the Hubitat as my Z-wave radio.)
Door sensor updates in Hubitat instantly. However, the status in HA won’t update for several minutes, if it ever updates at all - just now, I looked at a status in HA (“last updated 24 minutes ago”) for a door sensor that was showing as ‘open’ the whole time in HA, while my HE had correctly noted that it ‘closed’… 24 minutes prior.
Now, if I click ‘reload integration’ in HA, then HA will pull the correct status of the door contact, as soon as the integration finishes reloading. Obviously, this isn’t workable for something that should be able to update in real time.
Help? Any logs you need from me (if so, where from)?

Edit: I had the HE on my IoT VLAN, and HA is running on the main VLAN. Moved the HE to the main VLAN, and status updates are now instantaneous. Will either leave it how it is now, or work on inter-VLAN firewall rules.

Hi everyone, this is my startup with the HE integration, I’m moving away from the Fibaro HC2 and I feel like I’m missing a key point here, I notice that there is no history for the temperature sensor (Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5), you can see it in the screenshot, from the moment I switched to HE there has been no data coming in.

Other devices are making no energy/power data available since the migration to HA but I’ll take one step at a time, hopefully someone can help me figure out what I’m missing. I promise I’ll start reading through every page of this thread since I am really interested in building up my trust level to Hubitat and never look back into Fibaro. Thanks a lot for your support!

Is the entity ID of the sensor from Hubitat the same as the entity ID of the sensor from the Fibaro HC2?

Do you mean that devices don’t have energy or power entities, or that the devices aren’t showing up in the energy dashboard? If it’s related to the energy dashboard, none of the devices created by this integration show up there yet because the sensor code hasn’t been updated to provide everything HA wants.

Thank you for jumping into this tread for me, Jason! Yes, I preserved the same entity ID for this particular temperature sensor entity.

I believe I should give it some more time for history to build up, the entities are there but no data showing. I had issues with a Neo Coolcam Wall plug displaying negative power value, found others reporting the same issue years ago. The “fix” for me was to exclude and re-include the device.