Custom Component: Hubitat

That all works with this component. No need to write any code. Having a tiny problem with my lock but we’ll work on it when the Dev is back home. Can control it with virtual switches in Hubitat if I really want to.

I believe I sorted my Lock issue.
I can’t believe it wasn’t paired securely.
How embarrassing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m running low on problems to fix!
Time for some new gear…

@keithcroshaw…anyone, are you able to get to the Hubitat forum? Been loading a blank page for me this morning.

It was loading earlier but has stopped… blank page here now too.

Ditto on hubitat forum access.

EDIT: And, it’s back up again.

It works for me @stephack .
Maybe Shift + F5 to clear your cache?

It came back up…but it was down briefly. Someone else posted on HE forum about it as well.

1 Like

@jason0x43 I FINALLYgot around to installing this component and it’s working perfectly so far.

Quick note for a first time installer: After installing it, HA says at the top that this component uses configflow and does NOT need a restart. However, I received error messages regarding the setup of switch and fan devices. When I looked in HACS, the component was depicted in red (which to me means it requires a restart). Long story short, restarting got everything loaded and working. Just thought you should know and you may want to update the docs to say a restart is required.

Quick question: What does the Event Server port used for? I didn’t see reference to it in your ReadMe or in this thread.

1 Like

I’ll add a note about that. So far as I know, everything installed or updated through HACS needs a restart (at least, HACS always says it does for the integrations I use), but I’ll look into it more.

It’s for the web server the integration runs to receive events from the Hubitat hub. I’ll call that out a bit more clearly in the README.

1 Like

Version 0.4.10

This release adds support for fans, courtesy of @spectr3ooo! (Raise your hand if that’s someone in here :grin:)

I’ve also improved the dev tooling in both the hacs-hubitat and hubitatmaker repos to make contributing easier.

2 Likes

Was that a Home Assistant message or an HACS one? Did you see that message after installing the integration in HACS, or after setting up an instance of it in Home Assistant? (Just trying to get more details to see what’s going on there.)

Sorry…I don’t remember for sure, but I believe it was a HA message that happened after setting up an instance of it.

Ah. You really shouldn’t need to restart after setting up an instance of the integration. I’ll have to create another one and look into that more.

Well the message said that it did NOT require a restart.

I think the restart is required after installing in HACS. It did not prompt me in HACS but after the error message about not being able to create the fan etc, I checked in HACS and saw that the icon was red indicating a restart was needed(for the HACS install).

That would be a HACS message, the first time you install a custom integration with config_flow support you do not need to restart HA. (any update will still require a restart.)

2 Likes

Do you happen to have any logs?

Unfortunately, my earliest entry in the logs was for yesterday night…after the error was generated. It showed in the Notification dialog as well btw.

EDIT:
I believe it looked the same as this except it mention swtiches and fans instead:

Version 0.4.11

Forgot to mention this one yesterday. This release fixes an issue with “cover” devices where multiple duplicate entities could be added for a single cover device.

Version 0.4.12

This release improves support for locks. Lock entities will now emit an event when unlocked with a code, with the event’s “value” attribute set to the name of the code used:

{
    "event_type": "hubitat_event",
    "data": {
        "device_id": "2086",
        "device_name": "Virtual Lock",
        "attribute": "code_name",
        "value": "Family",
        "description": "Virtual Lock was unlocked by Family"
    }
}

The get_code service has been removed. Instead, all codes are available through the codes state attribute on a lock.

2 Likes

Version 0.4.13

This release updates the hubitatmaker dependency I forgot to update in v0.4.12.

3 Likes

@jason0x43 I can’t thank you enough for creating this component. Other than a keypad, all my devices within Hubitat are now setup using your component instead of a MQTT Bridge.

1 Like