Custom Component: Hubitat

This I understand. However there’s plenty of demand from people wanting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc etc hub… :rofl:

I got suckered into a couple of the Z-wave extenders when my locks were being shitheads, but imagine the mental gymnastics of buying 3, 4, 5 locks to handle what one hub used to and then arguing with others on the forum about why one hub just isn’t enough for a “strong mesh”.

I’m glad this integration exists because I was seconds away from ripping the whole thing out.

Digging a little deeper into Configuration > Entities

I am getting devices duplicated now, what a mess :frowning:

Have you recently updated this integration, or changed anything about your Hubitat setup? There were a few hiccups with v0.5.0 - v0.5.3 regarding some internal IDs that could result in duplicated entities.

I upgraded yesterday to whatever version was available as of June 8th (that’s what the timestamps on the files are).

I just looked through 5-6 files in the project and don’t see any reference to what version the integration is. (looking here)

What is the proper way to remove the duplicate entities? I just want to make sure I’m not creating an even worse mess

The version is handled via git tags. Releases are available on the releases page. If you’re updating manually (without HACS), it’s best to download a release zip, or stick with tagged commits (the latest is v0.5.5). Master isn’t guaranteed to work all the time.

That said, the code in master should be fine, and the problem is likely just that your update went from something < 0.5.4 to 0.5.5. Updating from any of the v0.5.x releases to v0.5.4 had a low chance of duplicating devices (0.5.4 fixed an issue going forward, but it could cause duplicate devices).

The best way to fix things is this:

1. Stop HA
  2. Open config/.storage/core.entity_registry
  3. Remove all the original hubitat devices (the ones without _2 in their entity IDs)
  4. Remove the _2 from all the remaining hubitat devices
  5. Start HA

You probably want to backup that file, just in case.

Jason have you been able to make any progress s it relates to buttons, single/double/held?

Thanks,

I’ve been tied up with other tasks for the last couple of weeks; that’s on my todo list for this weekend.

1 Like

Those topics were always entertaining ones. You could see the real fanboys beating the drums claiming every other hub had to work closely with the manufacturers to make special adjustments to overcome all these firmware issues and how those manufacturers for some reason wouldn’t work with HE. After months of reading this over and over and over, one of the HE staff slipped and said they’ve even reached out to a manufacturer to figure out why there were issues… clearly locks are low on the priority list.

3 Likes

Version 0.5.6

This release fixes the issue where button triggers were firing for any button event (not just the triggering event type).

It also makes the “unlock with code” trigger a bit more useful – the integration now presents a trigger for each code that can be used to unlock a lock. So now you’ll pick “Unlock with code ‘XYZ’” as a trigger, and it will fire when that specific code is used to unlock a lock.

Events of type hubitat_event now include a hub identifier so they can be tied to a particular hub (in case you have multiple hubs). The hub identifier is displayed on the integration card (“Hubitat (abcd1234)”).

Hey all, glad to see you all from the “other” forum. Im stuck. I installed h.a, but now when I try to install the “repo” there’s no supervisor tab. Did I mess up by not installing hass.io. I see hac install but in totally lost. I ssh into my pi, it’s just a terminal, it looks NOTHING like the instructions. Thanks in advanced

How did you install Home Assistant? If you are not sure, post a link to the instructions you followed.

1 Like

Hey, I used dietpi
https://dietpi.com/dietpi-software.html

Thanks in advanced. If it’s too much trouble don’t worry about it. I have a more powerful pc I plan on running hass.io on, but I just wanted to see how I’d like it first

Script shows “ root@DietPi:~# curl -sfSL https://hacs.xyz/install | bash -
Trying to find the correct directory
Could not find the directory for Home Assistant.
Manually change the directory to the root of your Home Assistant configuration
With the user that is running Home Assistant
and run the script again”

I can install hass.io on a vm but then how do I install hacs?

I never knew this existed. There are MANY ways to install HA but this one is new for me. Unfortunately that also means it would be a bit more difficult to assist…I know just enough of Linux to be dangerous.

I did not install HACS with the script but instead downloaded the zip and extracted to the custom components folder. I definitely recommend installing Hassio/Hassos (the name of this version is in Flux which will make this even more confusing than necessary). This will give you access to all options including the Supervisor tab that you are missing.

Once you have Hassos in a VM, you can then install the samba addon. This will give you access to the config folder where you can edit all the config files and manually install custom components like HACS.

This should give you some insight on how to install HACS;

1 Like

Thx, I installed the vm, but it won’t let me add add ons. Node red gives me 502, bad gateway

This usually indicates that Node Red didn’t load properly. You can check the Node Red log to find out what went wrong.

Well that took me hours. My password wasn’t strong enough. I was looking in the h.a log, no wonder nothing showed

Thank you
‘Anyone running the add on on a vm and has the hubitat nodes working? Mine only updates the status on deployment, not immediately.

Edit: did anyone else get max frustrated while migrating?

I am running mine in a proxmox VM and used the Hubitat nodes a while back mainly to test the functionality. That thread became a general NR tutorial thread that I could not keep up with…stipped using it and following updates…especially after this component came out.

That said, there was a trick to get this working with hassio and I posted it in the NR thread over in the HE forum. Can’t quite remember what it was but if you search my posts in that thread it should come up.

A little sometimes but I migrated very slowly so I could easy back out if I determined HA was not for me. Once I got the hang of things over here, it became a frustration saver (I had frequent lock ups with my Hubitat hub). HA can be very intimidating especially when you dont understand all the layers and terminology. Once things click, it’s pretty wonderful. Far from perfect, but for me, the best option out there right now.

I will search for my HE/NR post soon and reply to you over there.

2 Likes

Thx, I’m searching as well