Custom Component: Hubitat

Hmmm…could you double check the version of hacs-hubitat? v0.3.0 had that bug, but v0.3.1 removed all references to hub.id, so it shouldn’t be happening with that one.

I’ve been getting this when trying to upgrade:

I have no real reason to upgrade though, things are going well. :slight_smile:

I noticed that on github. Similar issue with 0.3.0 but i am running 0.3.1

Interesting. I manually checked file config_flow.py and it didn’t have the recent changes from github. I manually made the changes and it worked!

Hmm, now to reconfigure a bunch of devices to use this instead of the mqtt-bridge. Thank you!

1 Like

Hmmm…that error was happening due to a setting in a hacs.json file that was removed from the repo a couple versions ago. It’s not in master or in the latest version of the integration. It looks like HACS may just read that manifest once and keep forever.

One option would be to remove my repository from the custom repo list in HACS and add it back. That’ll require you to remove the integration from HACS, but as long as you add the repo back and re-install the integration before you restart HA, HA should never notice.

A hackier, but potentially easier solution, would be to shut down Home Assistant and manually edit the HACS repository data file in <HA config dir>/.storage/hacs.repositories. Somewhere in there is an entry for jason0x43/hacs-hubitat, and in that entry is repository_manifest property with "homeassistant": "0.130.0". Remove the homeassistant line, save the file, and restart Home Assistant.

It looks like HACS has had several updates recently to deal with download issues. Maybe there was a problem there.

Maybe there was. I’m glad I was able to get it up and running. I’ve added a bunch of switches and sensors. So far so good! I do have to rethink device naming but that’s on me. Thank you for creating this. Looking forward to more devices down the road. Example: locks, fans, keypads.

Spooky. I’ll give it a try.

Version 0.4.0

Version 0.4.0 has been released with initial support for push button devices, and with improved light device detection.

The integration should handle button presses and holds for devices with up to 4 buttons. I’ve tested pushes on a 3-button device (the only button device I currently have), but I haven’t tested holds, so that may still need some work.

2 Likes

I also ran into the HACS version issue when trying to update to the version I just released and verified that this is a fairly painless fix:

1. Remove the Hubitat integration from HACS (but not from Home Assistant)
  2. Remove the jason0x43/hacs-hubitat repository from HACS
  3. Re-add the repository jason0x43/hacs-hubitat to HACS
  4. Reinstall the Hubitat integration in HACS

The issue was that a config file is read by HACS when a repository is added, and apparently never gets updated after that. The upshot is that you should only have to do this once if you run into the “but this repository requires version X” issue.

I’m sorry I forgot to confirm it worked. All is well and the hub is humming along. No slow-downs since removing the extra weight. Just a lean Z-Wave/Zigbee machine. Thanks continuing to work on it. My lock jerry-rig isn’t working that great so I’ll have to add a feature request on github. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What is the best way to change a switch to a light after it’s been added?

Somebody beat me to it.

I partially understand how it works, it checks for a few things but if there’s ambiguity in the device attributes and the device label doesn’t have some keywords in it like light, lights, chandelier, now sconce thanks to my complaining :wink: it’ll just make it a switch. So if you change the device label in Hubitat to include light or something and then restart Home Assistant I think it’ll do the trick.

Thank you for the update! Was wondering, could “doubleTapped” be added down the road? Not sure if its a HA event tho.

HA’s event system is very generic, so double-tappable buttons shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve opened https://github.com/jason0x43/hacs-hubitat/issues/12 to track that.

2 Likes

thank you so much!

I can’t get any button options when I try to create the automation.

Version 0.4.1

This is a bugfix release that fixes an error that could occur when the integration tried to register multiple button controllers.

Version 0.4.2

This release adds support for double-tappable buttons, and increases the number of buttons that can be handled (up to 8).

@Literoya If you were using multiple button controllers, you may have been affected by a bug in 0.4.0. Try updating to 0.4.1+.