I just started putting the integration together and have a little way to go but I wanted to give users access to the code so far.
Steps to install the integration:
- Install HACS
- Add this repository to HACS
- The integration is setup in the UI through
Integrations→ Click on the
Add Integrationbutton and search for
- Enter a name for the device and the IP Address.
See issue below about text not appearing
Entities will then be created for each Input and Output that was created on the device.
- I didn’t take a screenshot but I did notice in my production HA server when the dialog appears there was no text to indicate which line is for the name and which is for the IP Address. The first line is for the name and the second line is for the IP Address. Closing the dialog and forcing a hard refresh from the browser (Shift-Reload) seemed to fix this
- Integration does not support Authentication
- Have only tested with one IoTaWatt device loaded in Home Assistant
I know people have been using the REST interface and templates but I wanted a simple way to add the IoTaWatt and hopefully be dynamic to update Home Assistant when Inputs/Outputs are added/removed/changed on the IoTaWatt device.
Any questions/suggestions/comments are welcomed and appreciated!