Custom Component: Melnor Raincloud

Those 4 values don’t appear to be your valves. You likely need to manually add them to your card. If I had to guess the entities likely didn’t match with what you had previously due to changes in the underlying library

so from the changes to naming (which is much nicer by the way), can i assume that i would be able to add a second valve to my setup now?

There is an upgrade i am still seeing v.3 ?

Happy to announce that the 1.0.0 release is now out. Release New Beginnings · vanstinator/hass-raincloud · GitHub

Yes!

You needed to be on the pre-release track in HACS. But I just released the change to stable. So it’s now out.

1 Like

Thanks, can you guide me how to get my valves as switches?

They probably need to be added to one of your front end cards again if the entity names changed.

Thanks @vanstinator for maintaining this! However, I’m getting this error:

I got the same error prior to moving it to HACS and seemed like it was attributed to the issue on this post so I kind of gave up on it: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/sprinkler-system-melnor-raincloud/23525/37?u=ryry623

EDIT: Just noticed that faucet serial number in that error is to the wrong controller serial number. If I replace the faucet serial number with the correct valve, I get a valid JSON response. So somehow it’s mixing up which valve goes with which control unit.
Any ideas on how to get this working? I have 2 control units and 2 valves on one unit and 1 valve on the other.

That’s an interesting one! I’ll have to get my other controller plugged in and take a look.

Thanks! Hopefully it’s something easy. Looking forward to finally have this working!

Have you rebooted Home Assistant recently? I’m not able to reproduce this on my end. But if you moved valves around on your Melnor account and didn’t reboot Home Assistant that might cause this.

Yes I have several times with the same result.

UPDATE: I removed all the devices from my melnor account and then readded them and I was able to pull in all the switches. However, i can’t get the sensor or binary sensors to show up.

Hi there @vanstinator ! I got the Melnor RainCloud and I used this integration https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/raincloud/
However, it is not under Integrations or Devices but under Entities and when I try to click on them I get this message.
“This entity does not have a unique ID, therefore its settings cannot be managed from the UI.”

How can I make them ‘workable’?

I am new in HA, so any help is welcome.
Thanks in advance

I had the same problem until I put in the Switch

Does this integration use weather forecast to put the system in rain delay?

i built a rain delay in node red, it toggles a helper switch which blocks the valves turning on

1 Like