Custom Component: Omnik Inverter Sensor

@robbinjanssen, sorry to say, but I still lost connection after a few days. Is it possible to run the addin with more debug information? So we can analyse what the real problem is?

I’m on 1.5.0

Hi,

You could enable debug logging by adding this to your configuration.yaml;

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.omnik_inverter: debug

Do you get an error that you can share with me? :slight_smile:

In order to support the new energy dashboard in HA, it looks like some adjustments need to be made to this component. Not sure if that is the way forward but maybe this helps. Is anyone looking into this? Would be great if my omnik is compatible with this.

1 Like

There is a beta version which supports the new energy dashboard :slight_smile:

See https://github.com/robbinjanssen/home-assistant-omnik-inverter/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta-2

2 Likes

Hi Robin,

Just received my Omnik 2000-TL3-S and your component seemed to be the perfect bridge to HA.
I can access the JS file on http://192.168.1.185/js/status.js

I setup your component and everything went smooth until the very last step where the inverter and device should show up and you can select the Areas. This window doesn’t show and as a result I have no corresponding entities.

This shows in the notofications:

Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

omnik_inverter.sensor

And this in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:317
First occurred: 09:42:01 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:42:01

Unable to prepare setup for platform omnik_inverter.sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name 'SensorDeviceClass' from 'homeassistant.components.sensor' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sensor/__init__.py)).

I’m running an older version of HA 2021.9.1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there,

I havebuild a new home assistant since my old one creashed and could not be updated.
So i have build a new setup in Proxmox
core-2022.3.5 Nieuwste versie core-2022.3.5
supervisor-2022.03.5
Nieuwste versie supervisor-2022.03.5

When i click the button My Addconfiguration GitHub - robbinjanssen/home-assistant-omnik-inverter: Read the current, daily and total Wh from your Omnik Inverter via local network (no cloud!)

I receive a message in HA that this is not working
ha-omnik

I know that this can be done manually, but i rather do it in HA style automatically

You’re home assistant version does not yet have the SensorDeviceClass. You can either update your home assistant to the most recent version (which is what I recommend :slight_smile: ) or try installing v2.1.0 of the omnik component, that one should still work I guess.

Good luck!

Hi Peter,

Have you installed the component via HACS? You need to install it first before you can click the button, I agree this is a bit misleading and will update the README soon :slight_smile:

V2.1 works perfectly :slight_smile:
Thank you tons!

1 Like

Ok, its working now ( i hope it is dark right now) Installed HACS and then the Omnik can be installed.

Good Morning,

I am using the Omnik Inverter Integration with my Bosswerk MI600 and have some issues to get updates.
In general it works, but every now and then I get unavailable on the sensors.
If this is the case I can still connect using the web-interface.

Is there anything I could try to improve this?
And what kind of additional information do you need?

Hi @robbinjanssen,

I just recognized that I get weird values from my inverter since quite a while.
It’s a Bosswerk 600 with two 405W panels connected:

I am running

v. 2.6.4 on
* Core2024.3.0
* Supervisor2024.02.1
* Operating System12.0
* Frontend20240306.0

I can’t really say anything useful without more information, but it looks like your inverter becomes unreachable. Maybe add a ping sensor to your inverter and see if the gaps match with a ping failing

Thank you, @robbinjanssen
Much appreciated.
Could you please let me know, what you need?

The inverter itself goes offline each night because it’s not powered by the sun.
This was working ok in the past.
I think though that the problem is, that it’s reporting 0, which is not right for a total increasing entity.