Custom Component: SkyQ Media Player

Accessing the images via the URL works internally and externally but the integration doesn’t work either internally or externally.
I run pfsense for my router so maybe it could be to blame but not sure why it would be.

I can look at the code and see if I can present the /local address instead. But would be Saturday at the earliest.

That would be great for me but don’t rush, when you have time is great, let me know when you can. Thanks

PM’d you with a potential change

Tried the new code and it now shows the local file in the picture_entity field, the picture_entity_local still shows the long api URL, unfortunately neither work for me.
I’ve spent most of the day trying to fix my network, got rid of pihole and moved to adguard. I no longer get the pihole page I just get a straight page cannot be found error.
Thanks for you help though, really good of you to try to accommodate me.

Seems strange to me. Not sure I can suggest anything else. Have you got nginx in use? Is it doing some routing on the /api url?

I do use nginx but to be honest I just followed a tutorial so I could get duckdns working to access ha externally.

A simple question …

Why having configured in yaml file all these sources:

uno

I see only three channels ??? (that are not listed above):

due

By Pet

Solution (thanks to Gav_in):

List of channels: Options in SkyQ integration panel -> channels at the top under “List of channels sources”.

Channel sources are configured via Integrations now…have been for a while. Yaml is deprecated in this regard
If you already have the component setup, you can reconfigure sources in Options.

A simple answer… :grin:

1 Like

It’s not deprecated as such, just not as simple to use. If you post your config, rather than just as a picture, I’ll take a look at the start of next week.

1 Like

Dear Gav_in

Thanks a lot for simple answer that gave me the simple solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear RogTP

thank you so much for wanting to check my code.
in the end it is not necessary since I did not understand where it was really necessary to operate.

Hi Roger.
I have been using your integration for a while now, and I am liking it a lot. I have, in the past month or so, started to integrate with Alexa. The underlying integration seems to be working fine, however, and there is always an however, in these posts :), I wonder if you have considered adding an alias for some of the friendly channel names entries in the switch.yaml that is created. You see, at the moment, I can ask Alexa to ‘switch on BBC One HD in the Lounge’ and that is fine, however, attempting to ‘switch on Sky Sports Premier League HD’ does not work (mostly), as the friendly name is ‘SkySp PL HD in the Lounge’ . I know this is replicating the channel name from the SkyQ box, so its not a criticism of the plugin. Am currently ‘fixing up’ the yaml after the file has been created. This is currently calling a BASH script via a service entry in HA that is triggered manually (although I could create an ‘on HA startup event’ that could automate that phase. But I was wondering if that is do-able with the integration? Thoughts?

Let me think on that one. If you can raise it as a feature request on my Github it won’t get lost :wink:

I love this integration and have been using an older version for a while now. I decided yesterday to update it so I can install via integrations UI.

I’ve made sure the box is on and the IP address is correct but I keep getting Failed to connect, invalid host. Any help is always welcome.

One thing i will mention is that it’s a SKY+ HD box, not SKY Q. Don’t know if this would make much of a difference as it worked before but might be worth mentioning.

Try running this command in a browser - http://192.168.1.22:9006/as/system/information - with correct IP address.

What version were you previously running?

EDIT: Sorry this command - http://192.168.1.22:9006/as/system/deviceinformation

I get a browser timeout message with that command.

I’ve had a look at my back up from the other day and there is no version info for the skyq integration. All the file creation date are from November 2019 and it’s a very different file structure to what I see now.

Manifest.json just contains this:

{
  "domain": "skyq",
  "name": "SkyQ",
  "documentation": "",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}

Here’s a screenshot of the only directories with anything in them other than the _pycache_ folder.

Did you try both commands by any chance, correcting the IP in both?

Yeah, both timeout every time.

Seems like the Sky+HD boxes don’t use the same api exactly. I can probably create some sort of workaround to overcome the gap in the commands I sent you, but to be honest I don’t know where else it will then fail. You will probably have seen that I have extended the feature set of the integration quite a bit, which uses the api I’m aware of quite extensively. Consequently I’m not confident that I could make it work with whatever the Sky+HD api is.

Sorry