Custom Component: SolarEdge Modbus TCP

had the same problem, deleting integration and the hacs repo, rebooting and reinstalling via hacs helped.

indeed, i did this and now works again :slight_smile:

Hello,

I also installed the addon and it works really well.
I only have one problem displaying the daily production. Sometimes it adds up to 2 days.

Did I set something wrong?

Upgraded to core-2021.6.5 and stopped working for me aswell.
I have the meter_1 enabled in config.yaml

solaredge_modbus:
name: ‘SolarEdge Modbus’
host: 192.168.1.160
port: 1502
scan_interval: 2
read_meter1: true

But now when i check my config it keeps giving me the following:

Invalid config for [solaredge_modbus]: expected a dictionary for dictionary value @ data[‘solaredge_modbus’][‘host’]

deleted integration in HACCS aswell en after reboor install again but keeps giving me the error.
Love to have a workaround cauwe i use the data from meter_1 in allot of flows in Node-Red

Any ideas?

Are there any templates (lovelace screens) how to you visualize the data from the SolarEdge Modbus TCP available?

I use this lovelace card to achieve this effect.

wow, how do you get this data? via Modbus I have only the AC Power?

You need to have a consumption meter attached. If the solaredge app does it display consumption and production?

which entities/sensors do you use for this card?

The templates I use are here

Guys, I need some help here, please…
In my template I wan’t to get number rounded on max 2 decimals, but I’m getting more. I’m putting the values od a display (2.4") and don’t have much space on it. Template is as follows:

{{ states ('sensor.solaredge_modbus_ac_power') | float | round / 1000  - states ('sensor.solaredge_modbus_m1_ac_power') | float | round | abs / 1000  }}

Thank you!

@andrej33 Try this:

{{ (states ('sensor.solaredge_modbus_ac_power') | float | round / 1000  - states ('sensor.solaredge_modbus_m1_ac_power') | float | round | abs / 1000)  | round(2) }}
1 Like

@Cinamon, it’s working…
Still trying to understand how this works, I checked jinja template desiger on web but can’t figure it out for this template, I don’t know what is the difference? I’m not getting two decimals :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

{{ states('sensor.solaredge_modbus_ac_power') | float / 1000 | round(2) }}

Guys, i have a problem, when my inverter is out for any reasons, hassio refuse to work, do you know why?

Thanks

Without any logfile it’s hard to say.

Hi everyone. Got a new solaredge PV installation with optimisers, SE6000H inverter, EV charger, Hot water immersion heater diverter and solaredge modbus. Followed the excellent guidance here as to how to get the TCP modbus enabled on the inverter and integrated into Home Assistant. All working fine so firstly thanks for all the posters above, massive help. My remaining problem is however i dont seem to be getting any reading from the immersion heater solar diverter (its a solaredge diverter and the wattage shows in the app when active. I am on single phase so only ticked M1 in the integration config…anyone got any ideas? thanks. Then i am off to grafana to make a good looking dashboard.

I’m having the same issue, did you resolve it?

I left the

solaredge_modbus:
name: ‘SolarEdge Modbus’
host: 192.168.1.160
port: 1502
scan_interval: 2
read_meter1: true

out of the config.yaml file, updated in HACCS and had all the entities availeble again, i guess i had the older version where you needed to specify to read meter 1.

I have integrated this component and now I can collect data from inverter and also from the external meter.
Fantastic.

But… I still don’t understand if it is possible to get data from the battery (LG RESU) like remaining capacity, charge/discharge power… and the total power generated by the panels.

All these info are visible in the app and in the portal (2sec refresh rate) but not available in the integration.

Is there a way to get them?

Thank you!

@galbip Hej,

i have/had the same issue and currently looking at this fork on github: GitHub - Tapematch/home-assistant-solaredge-modbus: Home assistant Component for reading data locally from Solaredge inverter through modbus TCP

The author added support for multiple inverters AND reading storage (aka battery) power and charge level.

Haven’t tried it yet, but looks promising.