Custom Component: SolarEdge Modbus TCP

Is there any way integrating the modbus monitoring into the new HA energy meters?
The dropdown says “No matching statistics found”.

Can you give more insight on this?

it should be possible if the maintainer adds the needed changes in code. One thing is statistics and the other thing is a ‘daily reset’ required. I’m working on ECU from APS integration to have the same applied (see here: APsystems APS ECU R local inverters data pull - #353 by ksheumaker) , so i dont need the utility meter anymore (although it works).

the utility meter is to be added in configuration yaml:

utility_meter:
  daily_solar_energy:
    source: sensor.[put your dailty kwh counter name here]
    cycle: daily

It is also possible to use the official solaredge integration next this modbus one. There is a lifetime counter in there that can be coupled to the solar production in the energy panel. Note that all these sensors used in the energy panel must be recorded as well. So if you did exclude stuff, be sure to add those otherwise the sensors will report 0.

I’ve partially been able to use this. I’ve got a SE12.5K-ER-01-ITA (lcd) and can get production data just right.
Btw I have a consumption meter (can see live consumption via SolarEdge cloud), but can’t get any consumption data via this component. I’ve just:

• enabled Modbus TCP on inverter
  • used the default configuration.yaml of component (the one available on github page) with read_meter1: true

I’m I missing something? This is the only entity I get about consupmtion. All production data is ok!

I worked quite a bit on this topic and managed to integrate everything quite nicely. Next up is the Tesla Style card with the battery.

I shared my entire configs in this post:

3 Likes

What did you use to make the bottom graph showing Self Consumption, Solar Production, and Consumption? Is that a different card?

Just used the standard history graph card. Added from lovelace view.

2 Likes

Which integration should I install now ?
I have a Solaredge battery inverter, 2 RS485 power meters and an LG Prime battery…

Just installed

which seems to be working for 2 power meters and the battery :slight_smile:

Does that work automatically with the new energy dashboard?

Did you ever work this out ?

I have a SE8k (3phase) and do not get data from the meter
In my case I think its as its identified as 201 instead of 203 when querying modbus
I’m still talking to my installer about trying to get this sorted as well

"meters": {
    "Meter1": {
        "c_manufacturer": "WattNode",
        "c_model": "WND-3Y-400-MB",
        "c_option": "Export+Import",
        "c_version": "31",
        "c_serialnumber": "xyz",
        "c_deviceaddress": 1,
        "c_sunspec_did": 201,

But there are p1/2/3 registers?

"p1_current": -32768,
        "p2_current": -32768,
        "p3_current": -32768,

You should be able to add them yes.

I had this working fine until I had an LG Chem battery installed, then SolarEdge reporting was only intermittently uploading.

Once I disabled this integration it immediately was able to upload. Since then I have been unable to get Modbus reporting over TCP again, I tried the trick listed above but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Definitely getting a connection refused error or a timeout. I have tried various combinations of reboots and turning on and off TCP MODBUS.

Replying to myself incase it helps anyone else

Solaredge have remotely reconfigured by setup (via my installer)
Now getting meter data

"meters": {
    "Meter1": {
        "c_manufacturer": "WattNode",
        "c_model": "N/A",
        "c_option": "Export+Import",
        "c_version": "0",
        "c_serialnumber": "0",
        "c_deviceaddress": 1,
        "c_sunspec_did": 203,

How do people find the reliability of the modbus connection?

Can I setup the beefy dashboard to fall back to the online API if the local one is not available?

The reliability will also depend on your internal network I think. But over here I have had zero problems in a couple of months.
You can have modbus and the ‘official’ integration running the same time.

1 Like

@Uskompuf I second what @breinonline said, and I recommend using cable, not wifi. I’ve been running it myself for over a year with no problems caused by modbus tcp / inverter itself

@erikarenhill Brilliant component !
I have a problem with meter1 (from the inverter attached smart meter) values for AC Current (#40190 - #40194) not capturing sign (+ vs -). Hence I can’t distinguish 4 Amp export from 4 Amp import.
According to SunSpec they are signed int16 (unlike the inverter’s uint16) which makes sense.
I can also see the code reading them as int16. Still I seem to get the abs() value of the current.

The equivalent Power value (#40206) does report negative values correctly

(I want to implement load balancing per phase for EV charging)
Have anyone seen this problem?

Hi Joakim, have you tried changing the data type locally in the component for your inatallation to see if it works better?