Custom Component: SolarEdge Modbus TCP

Thanks Tobias,
will give a try and share.

@galbip
Iā€™m in the same yr situation. According to Solaredge service, modbus is giving only the dataā€™s according to sunspec protocolā€¦ and battery infoā€™s are notā€¦

did you try the python script to extract them?

working quite well and shows battery SOC and other infoā€™s

@roberto59
wow! Thanksā€¦ This is very interesting although more challenging for me to integrate in HA. :sweat_smile:

@etobi
it works!

my setup:

• Inverter SE3500H
  • Storage LG Chem 16Kwh
  • External Meter
  • Modbus enabled on the inverter as per awulf procedure.

Now I can see info from Inverter, external meter and LG storage! :slightly_smiling_face:

btwā€¦ also the component is well designed; when adding it through HA lovelace UI you can select how many inverters, how many ext. meters and if there is a battery connected. I guess this to avoid to report hundreds of undefined sensors.

What kind of external meter do you have?

@Cinamon
here you goā€¦ I canā€™t see any brand name on itā€¦

https://shop.marcomweb.it/en/shop-online/fieldbus/modbus-tcp-rtu/pro1-moddirect-monophase-rs485409-979-dettagli.html

@galbip thx lot!

Is there any way for this integration to work with the new HA functionality, showing energy production/consumption graphs? unfortunately I do not see entities generated by integrations in the data sources that can be selected.

1 Like

you can work around that with the utility meter integration. If you feed that with the dailty total, the utility sensor will be seleectable

1 Like

Is there any way integrating the modbus monitoring into the new HA energy meters?
The dropdown says ā€œNo matching statistics foundā€.

Can you give more insight on this?

it should be possible if the maintainer adds the needed changes in code. One thing is statistics and the other thing is a ā€˜daily resetā€™ required. Iā€™m working on ECU from APS integration to have the same applied (see here: APsystems APS ECU R local inverters data pull - #353 by ksheumaker) , so i dont need the utility meter anymore (although it works).

the utility meter is to be added in configuration yaml:

utility_meter:
  daily_solar_energy:
    source: sensor.[put your dailty kwh counter name here]
    cycle: daily

It is also possible to use the official solaredge integration next this modbus one. There is a lifetime counter in there that can be coupled to the solar production in the energy panel. Note that all these sensors used in the energy panel must be recorded as well. So if you did exclude stuff, be sure to add those otherwise the sensors will report 0.

Iā€™ve partially been able to use this. Iā€™ve got a SE12.5K-ER-01-ITA (lcd) and can get production data just right.
Btw I have a consumption meter (can see live consumption via SolarEdge cloud), but canā€™t get any consumption data via this component. Iā€™ve just:

• enabled Modbus TCP on inverter
  • used the default configuration.yaml of component (the one available on github page) with read_meter1: true

Iā€™m I missing something? This is the only entity I get about consupmtion. All production data is ok!

I worked quite a bit on this topic and managed to integrate everything quite nicely. Next up is the Tesla Style card with the battery.

I shared my entire configs in this post:

3 Likes

What did you use to make the bottom graph showing Self Consumption, Solar Production, and Consumption? Is that a different card?

Just used the standard history graph card. Added from lovelace view.

2 Likes

Which integration should I install now ?
I have a Solaredge battery inverter, 2 RS485 power meters and an LG Prime batteryā€¦

Just installed

which seems to be working for 2 power meters and the battery :slight_smile:

Does that work automatically with the new energy dashboard?