Custom Component: SolarEdge Modbus TCP

hm… go to your integrations and check, if the integration is still named “solaredge_modbus” or if it is just called “solaredge”

As far as I can remember, the last time, when I installed this integration, the default namespace was set only to “solaredge”

Thanks for replying. Via samba I can see that inside custom_components the folder is correctly named solaredge_modbus. Strangely though, if I go to my HACS page inside HA I cannot see the integration as installed. If I search it by adding new repository I get an installation button. How can it be?

Hi,
I’m not getting any data into HA, however I’ve had this configured for another automation system for quite some time without issues. Currently using with the C-Bus SHAC.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Paul

Ok, I must be stupid. I installed the integration through HACS, it asked me to restart HA.
After restart is shows the integration in HACS integrations, the folder custom_components also shows the “solaredge_modbus” directory with files.

But what then? I cannot add the modbus integration in the “regular” Integrations page cause it’s not listed. I’m on core-2021.11.3

update: sorry had to clear cache :slight_smile:

Solaredge only handles one modbus client at a time, so if you want to use this component side by side with another one using modbus tcp you have to setup a modbus tcp proxy

This component does not have an integration/UI for setup, maybe you are using another one that’s out there? This one requires a manual config in the configuration.xml file.

Thanks, already solved it. Had to clear cache from Chrome.
Then the modbus integration showed up under integrations.

Stupid off me.

That’s what I suspected, even when I shut down the original connection I wasn’t able to connect. Perhaps I’ll restart the inverter to check as this may also be the reason I can’t talk to it with another client.

Is there a modbus proxy available for HA, wasn’t able to find anything so far. That’d be a good thing to have.

EDIT: Actually, it just occurred to me, would using the nginx proxy manager do what I need, it is just providing a connection after all.

I did find this one after poking around, would it be possible to install this into HA?

Cheers,
Paul

When installing through HACS i left de default “scan interval” on 30 seconds. If I want to change it to, for example 5 seconds. Do I need to remove and add the integration again? And what is considered a good value? Resource wise I’m using a Odroid N2+ for HA.

@flash3d which repository-url did you use when installing it in hacs?

I think this one: GitHub - binsentsu/home-assistant-solaredge-modbus: Home assistant Component for reading data locally from Solaredge inverter through modbus TCP

That is as I expected another component. The one I wrote that this thread is about is located here: GitHub - erikarenhill/solaredge-modbus-hass: A custom platform component/sensor for reading SolarEdge Modbus TCP into Home Assistant https://home-assistant.io/

I have no experience in the one you are using, sorry

Ahhh, excuses. Didn’t know and didn’t notice that there are 2 different integrations.

Thanks for sharing. I followed these steps, but it didn’t work for me at all. I almost gave up, but luckily I decided to connect an ethernet cable as it was connected through wifi and it worked right away. So my advice is, try the ethernet cable before you waste your time trying to get the details through wifi.

my inverter has CPU ver. 2.0x (soleredge 8k), and does not have SD card slot, its just empty space in PCB. In communication settings theres no modbus tcp, only rs485, how can i solve this?

Hi,
SE5000H with SetApp, having SetApp installer account.
What should be the correct setup?
Modbus TCP Enabled
Port 1502

This is standard setup, it is working, required for SE Monitoring platform. My meter is SE Meter

RS485-1:
Protocol Modbus (Multi-device)
Meter Export+Import
Meter Protocol SolarEdge
Device ID 2
CT Rating 70
Topology WYE

What should I change to make it work with HA?

Is this Modbus component “standard” in an installation of a certain size (e.g. more than 100 panels)?

Is it easy to add it later on if you don’t have it?

Solar curtailment, how to know that it’s happening in realtime ?

Hey people, does anyone know much about the ‘solar curtailment’ subject in relation to the data we get out of our SolarEdge inverters with this integration ?
I’d like to know when the grid operator is curtailing my grid feed if we have a way to do it.

I admit I really don’t know much about the subject, other that what was in the ABC news article online, and I have not been able to find out if there is a particular grid voltage above where our SolarEdge inverters stop feeding in…
Cheers.

Hello
On initial setup of modbus solaredge I change the port to 502 and leave scan interval at 30, now I cannot find these settings anymore, I want to change the scan intervall to 5 seconds.
please help.

Solved, delete the solaredge modbus integration and add again.