[Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control

Hi
I have two problem with my C200
If I try to remove the flag use stream from HA I got user/password error (but they are correct…I checked)
I’m not able to find the zoon in/out control
Could you help me ?

If I try to remove the flag use stream from HA I got user/password error (but they are correct…I checked)

Try adding cloud password and make sure you have ffmpeg installed.

I’m not able to find the zoon in/out control

There is no such thing in Tapo / Home Assistant AFAIK.

Is the cloud password the password of my tapo app account ?
I have HA installed on Ubuntu server, where to check if ffmpeg is installed ?
Thank You for help

Other problem I have: sometimes sensor motion is not available…

Is the cloud password the password of my tapo app account ?

yes

where to check if ffmpeg is installed ?

command:
which ffmpeg

sometimes sensor motion is not available

GitHub - JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control: Control for Tapo cameras as a Home Assistant component and Bug: C310 Motion sensor stops working or becomes unavailable · Issue #84 · JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control · GitHub

In Tapo app I can zoom with double tap on image or with pinch to zoom

You cannot in Home Assistant.

Is here anyone having this camera setup in unfi vlan? Mine seems just not recognizing the camera . Any help appreciated :grin::sweat_smile:

Hello everyone, Hello @JurajNyiri,

I’ve tried to set up Tapo Camera C-100 but get this error in the logs:
Unable to connect to Tapo: Cameras Control controller: ‘bool’ object is not subscriptable

What does that mean? I’ve reinstalled the component - still the same error. Google and Forum search gave me no answer.

Maybe anyone can help?

Thank you in advance. Manuel

Hello, is your rtsp stream working via vlc with the credentials you set up in the app?

This looks like unexpected error that might need more investigation. Check the rtsp stream and if rtsp stream is working and integration is not, open issue on github.

Hello, Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, the rtsp stream is working in vlc with same credentials. I will open an issue on GitHub., Thank you.

@JurajNyiri, have you seen those “new” Tapo cameras? Like the C110, C210 or the TC60, TC70? What’s new in those?

Yeah, I have no idea. But one user reported TC60 working.

1 Like

Good to know. I have just had a quick look on the US site and saw them, but there wasn’t any obvious difference.

By the way, have you seen TP-Link’s Vigi camera and NVR line? Again, an interesting move to have another separate product line than Tapo or Kasa…

My cameras seem to be working fine without opening port 2020 and 554. What are those port for then?

Those are for vlans.

There is a new firmware version for C200 (v 1.1.8). Is it safe to update or I’m gonna break something for the integration?

1 Like

I didn’t try yet. I am sticking to older 16 because of no watermark. Someone will have to try and see.

I have the new firmware and it seems working like the last version.
The auto track still not working.

2 Likes

Tapo watermark can now be removed from Tapo app under On-scrren Display Settings.

4 Likes

I ended up asking TP Link and not a lot is the answer…

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting TP-Link Support.

Tapo C210 is the upgraded model based on Tapo C200, Tapo C210 and C200 are almost identical except for the following new features on Tapo C210:

Model Tapo C200 Tapo C210
Resolution 1080P(1920*1080) 3 MP (2304*1296)
Micro SD Slot √ (up to 128GB ) √ (up to 256GB )
FFS feature ×

The TC70 is also the online remodel version of Tapo C200. The one only major difference is the addition of the FFS feature (Amazon Frustration-Free Setup). Rest of the features are same as C200

Please see guide for Amazon FFS here: How to use Amazon Frustration-Free Setup with Tapo devices | TP-Link United Kingdom

1 Like