[Custom Component] Tapo P100 Plug Control

I’d love to help, but I’m running an unsupported install of Home Assistant through Docker, and your integration for Tapo was installed manually; If there’s a way to run the code you mentioned and you can point me in the right direction, I’ll gladly post the output.

@arrival-spring did say in a previous reply that for the L530E bulbs he gets type=" SMART.TAPOBULB" and model=“L530 Series”

I’ve updated the repository (branch dev). Try now, I’ve erroneously deleted l530, I wait your feedback :slight_smile:

They still dont show up as entities for some reason :frowning_face:

:frowning: you can post the log of home assistant? Sorry but I don’t have a light to test the integration

EDIT: sorry to everyone, I’m stupid ahahahah. I forget to enable light as platform for this integration, please retry now I’ve updated the repository.

It works, thank you! I was browsing the logs and was just about to reply that indeed, the integration was setting up the bulbs as switches, but they work just fine now with yout latest update!

The brightness slider is spot on as far as I can tell. :grinning:

Thanks to you! If you have a problem with brightness write me or here. Next days I will add support for color get ready to test it :wink:

1 Like

Will do, and looking forward to it! Thank you again for all your work!

1 Like

Works great now with brightness! Super quick response when changing brightness, and also the slider on the lovelace ui card works flawlessly. Thanks for re-adding the 530 into your latest update.

I’m running a docker version of HASS like theVOID, but if there’s anything I can do to help you regarding colour let me know what to run and I’ll do it.

1 Like

Hi guys, I’ve released a new version of integration that add support for color. I don’t know if work because I can’t test it. Try it and open an issue for any problem on my repository: https://github.com/petretiandrea/home-assistant-tapo-p100 (and rate a star :wink: ).

If the integration is installed with hacs, you can update it directly from hacs menu, otherwise re-install it manually.

Thanks! Unfortunately my bulbs (530e) are unavailable after this update. I tried removing and readding. Here’s my log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: components/light/init.py:485
Integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 19:24:12 (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:55:51

• Error adding entities for domain light with platform tapo
  • Error while setting up tapo platform for light

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 317, in async_add_entities await asyncio.gather(*tasks) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 509, in _async_add_entity await entity.add_to_platform_finish() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 530, in add_to_platform_finish self.async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 295, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 321, in _async_write_ha_state attr.update(self.state_attributes or {}) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/init.py”, line 485, in state_attributes data[ATTR_HS_COLOR] = (round(hs_color[0], 3), round(hs_color[1], 3)) TypeError: type NoneType doesn’t define round method

Yeah I known that there Is some problem. You can run this command and post here the json output?

​docker run --rm -e TAPO_ADDRESS=your_tapo_ip -e TAPO_USERNAME=your_username -e TAPO_PASSWORD=your_password petretiandrea/tapo-utils

Hey, thanks, I’m on Arm v7 32 bit (RaspiOS) so I can’t run this Arm64 image. Would you like me to take this convo over to your GitHub?

There is the same issue on GitHub. Right now I’ve pushed a new version, I hope that fix this bug, please try it :slight_smile:

EDIT: if not work again, you can try to use this snippet of code in this issue: https://github.com/petretiandrea/home-assistant-tapo-p100/issues/11#issuecomment-800399856

1 Like

Hey @pedro96, thank you a lot for your work.

I’m new to HA, just installed it yesterday, and using your component to turn on and off my aquarium’s light with a Tapo P100 plug.

I’m wondering, is there any way to automate it so that it turns on when the sun rises and turns off at sunset?

1 Like

Hi all, I understand that @pedro96 has made lots of progress with their integration! I’m sorry I haven’t been very active but I’ve been really busy with other things. I will work on merging both our versions together to make one really good version :slight_smile:
Thanks everyone, Fish

Hey @fishbigger, thanks for your work too, you guys are awesome, I never thought home assistant would be so easy to use.

I found the way to do it:

Hi Guys, I’ve good news, thanks to @braymullo and @theV0ID I’ve release a first complete version of integration that support colors for L530.

For any problem open an issue :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for the work! Sadly when i look for it with HACS it does not find it, and when i do the manual installation, it does not show up when i search for the integration

Hi, you said you got it to work, i also get the error “Platform error switch.tapo_p100_control - No module named ‘PyP100’”, but i do not know how to install it on the homeassistant
I run homeassistant on a raspberry pi 4, how can you do a pip install there? i tried over ssh, but only got a long error message