Custom Component: Unifi Protect

Hey, what blueprint are you referring to?
I would like to test that as well, so I can get the short video clip instead of a static image.

Thanks

Have a look here:

This plugin is awesome! I only seem to have one minor issueā€¦ for some reason when I open Homekit and view the Unifi Protect camera stream over there it doesnā€™t render the livestream (it does render the preview and works in home assistant ootb). Does anyone have a clue what I misconfigured here?

edit: nvm I forgot to active my rtsp stream :sweat_smile:

Is there a way to get ID of the latest event for a camera? or indicate that I want to get the most recent one?

Another question. When I do a camera snapshot, it seems that it doesnā€™t give me a snapshot taken at the moment I call for it, but gets something that was taken several seconds ago. Is there a way to get a current snapshot?

Having a couple of issues for some time now.

1. When the camera recording mode is set to ā€œNeverā€ the motion sensor is ā€œunavailableā€, but when set to either ā€œAlwaysā€ or ā€œDetectionsā€, they appear as available.

I use the inbuilt motion sensors for other automations and was wondering if there is a workaround? (besides using another form of sensor)

1. There appears to be an obvious lag (~ +14 seconds) between the real time stream and what appears within HA. All my cameras are ethernet based. The ā€œPre-loadā€ stream is enabled.

Thanks

Have a look at using go2rtc add-on, it will reduce the lag to near zero

2 Likes

@moderators Can this topic please be closed? This custom integration no longer exists and it is part of core now.

Can someone advise on how to pull Smart Detections thumbnails from media into automations? Not upon event but for letā€™s say last 24hrs? I can see them in media but have not found any ways to access the images form automations.

1 Like

Hey guys, I am having a terrible time getting the G4 Doorbell Bro integrated into HomeKit. No matter what I do I cannot get the video to show up there. I have it in HA. I have it exposed to HomeKit, I have tried the setting about the H.264 setting. I have enabled RTSP in the UI Settings. Nothing seems to work?

The HACS custom integration for UniFi Protect is dead and gone. Stop posting in this thread.

If you have a question about official integrations, post in the configuration category.

Big thank you. Very useful integration. I love the notification feature of protect when I am away. It shows me instantly the cam and I can view the clip when someone approaches my house. Is there a way to turn off/on notification ā€¦ e.g. when at home turn it off ā€¦ when away ā€¦ turn it on via an HA automation?

Currently having an issue,

When i create a picture component for my cameras and click ā€œLiveā€ View. Cameras load up fine and work fine. However, after a random amount of time. The feed freezes and i get an error ā€œStream Never Startedā€. What could be causing this and is there any fix?

If i put the component in ā€œAutoā€ Mode and then only view the cameras by clicking on them i do not seem to have this issue (i have just enabled it so maybe i will just going to leave it for a bit and will let you know).

Any advice is appreciated!

Crossing Line Detection - Available?

Hi. Iā€™m hoping that someone can point me in the correct direction please. There is a Smart Detection "Cross Lineā€™ā€™ capability in UniFi Protect, where a smart (person/vehicle/animal) detection is made if crossing a line created in the protect camera config.

Iā€™d like to get this Cross Line detection in Home Assistant, separate from other smart/person/vehicle detection (i.e. to know that the vehicle is inside the driveway, rather than outside). Is this possible please?

Note: I do have smart detections working in Home Assistant already, Iā€™m hoping there is a way to separate Cross Line detections from general smart detections. I have searched around for info on this, but canā€™t seem to find ā€¦

Thanks