Custom-element doesn't exist

Doesn’t make any sense. This is always cache.

1 Like

I have tested also with my mobile phone… same error.

I note that if I click on the menu in the HACS page I finally have some warnings in the console:

Can this help a little ?

Thanks again
Denis

This goes in configuration.yaml, not ui-lovelace.yaml

3 Likes

Whoauuuu… finally it’s work :slight_smile:

Anyway… this is only from some weeks ago I’m sure.
Because this configuration was worked more than 2 years.

Thanks a lot all for the help.
Denis

1 Like

that explanation I was searching for to keep the folders clear and separated especially the hacs versus custom_components folder

thx

Having problems as well, this was the clue for me, thanks!

I’ve had this custom clock integration working for a while, but last week I started getting the Lovelace card error “Custom element doesn’t exist: htc-weather-card". I don’t believe the integration is the problem rather something with my HA.

What’s super-odd is even when I restore a complete backup, it’s no longer working on any of my home devices. What’s even weirder is that at my office (desktop, Windows, Chrome) and my Android phone app, it works. But when at home, this card is broken on every device, including my phone.

Of course I’ve cleared the cache numerous times. Also tried internet URL rather than my local (not that it should make any difference). Through Lovelace/Edit Dashboard/Manage resources I have the JS Module /local/custom_ui/htc-weather/htc-flipclock-weather.js?v1.3.2 which is a newer version but like I said, even when I restore & have the old JS version, still getting the error.

EDIT: Okay, after nearly a week of dealing with this, miraculously (just after this post of course), the integration card started working. I had done nothing since the post, so who knows…

I have an issue with a few cards that says they dont exist. I clear the cache on my computer or my iphone. and all looks fine, but the a couple hours or sometimes a day it will say it doesnt exist again. Almost like its reveting back to before I cleared my cache.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? Ive asked 100 times in this forum, and no one has an answer or a suggestion yet.

1 Like

I had a similar problem with many of my cards.
As i found out i was using the File editor add-on and in the javascript name of my installed card or my custom card a whitespace or a ‘.’ was inserted by mistake or by copy paste.

I removed all unwanted characters and also did the same in the reference of this file inside the Resourses. After that it magicaly worked.

You’re the first person to have a possible solution for me lol
I dont have the add-on(not using supervisor), But i simply right click on files on my synology server and open in text editor. Where exactly did you see this issue?

I have a mushroom climate card as my first example that does this from time to time. If I want to check that one specifically, where are you referring to?

I reinstalled the button-card lovelace and it was solved; first I changed the name of the directory “button-card” to “button-cardold” and deleted the button-card at HACS with the three dots menu (HACS → Frontend → button-card → 3 dots → delete → Frontend → Explore & download repositories → button-card).

This morning I updated my HA to 2023.5.2 and two things happened.

1. Ecowitt no longer works
  2. fan-percent-button-row could not find the custom card

It looks like the Ecowitt issue need more investigation but after some time I found this on github

[Incompatibility with home assistant 2023.05 beta - Custom element doesn’t exist: fan-percent-button-row. · Issue #39 · finity69x2/fan-percent-button-row

https://github.com/finity69x2/fan-percent-button-row/issues/39

I followed @hansmets comment
I actually added shmuelzon/fan-percent-button-row in HACS as a custom repository and installed it directly from HACS (I first removed the old polymer version). It then even shows the updates and clears the cache for you.

After I did this the old fan-percent-button-row worked.
However the reverseButtons option did not work.

I don’t know why HA does not have a standard card similar to this for Fans. Those of us that live in the tropics (North Queensland Australia) use ceiling fans a lot.

A few hours later
I found a tweak to ecowitt
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/2023-5-lets-talk/567331/155

I did this and it worked.

Using HA file editor, go to “/config/custom_components/ecowitt/”

1.Open “__init__.py”
2. Edit line 21 
from     async_get_registry as async_get_entity_registry,
to         async_get as async_get_entity_registry,
3. Save file.

I was having these same issues, along with other ones including being unable to update HASSOS at all. So after a full wipe and reinstall i was still confronted by not being able to use ANY of the HACs lovelace cards.
However i have found a solution that works in my case.

Download/install Card ect via hacs
Note install directory. Usually something to the affect of :
/local/community/xx/xx.js
Where local is your “local config directory” and xx is the name of your particular card
Then in the standard Sidebar UI go to
Settings > Dashboards
Click the 3 dots in the top Right
Click Resources
Click “+ Add Resource”
in the URL section paste the location you noted earlier
Capture34

As an example ill use the Surveillance-card
/local/community/surveillance-card/surveillance-card.js
Ensure that “Resource type” - JavaScript Module - was Auto selected (if not select it)
Then click create.
Your card should be usable at that point.

This is a silly thing to do for something that should be automatically picked up and detected and has been in the past. Not sure what broke in OS version 10.2, but having to manually enter these is annoying.

1 Like

I have also had issues since installing OS version 10.2. While I only had one custom card, it was a clock which was very useful.

None of the suggestions that have been made are working. The resource URLs are correct, confirmed by checking the html for the page once loaded. I have even checked that the js files could be loaded. It seems however that something is stopping them from running.

While I know some will say it is the cache, this is affecting all systems and browsers and all of them have been cleared several times.

Anyone with some suggestions?

Eureka
I have been able to find a solution just following Kirito solution.
The only way I found was to not use Lovelace in Yaml format but in UI format and add the resource not in the lovelace file but in Dashboard as uggested by Kirito.
It works