Custom Icon

OK, was afraid that would be the case. Couldn’t I use the term…picture_element:…image:… and refer to the saved .png in the /local/.png to replace the icon: term?

You could do this inside the picture elements card. But not all cards have the ability to override an icon with a picture. That card is one of the few, and you’d use image element.

Appreciate the help, closer now than I was before. I’ll give that a try and see if I can get it to do what I want.
Thanks again

custom-ui templating the icons is still supported on Lovelace, or maybe rephrased: Lovelace doesnt yet stop the templating pictures capability of custom-ui (it starts to do so on other options unfortunately)

So it is safe to install custom-ui, which has recently been updated, to customize these entity_pictures on Lovelace, even when they are no template sensors.

if @GrumpyDude would post his sensor or entity, we could see how we could help him.

OK, I’ll get to that…Upgrading to 86.4, CRASHED! Can’t get to my PRE-Upgrade Snapshots, all gone. I’ll have to reload AGAIN. I will provide info as soon as I am back up.

Thanks again

What version did you upgrade from. There are many breaking changes every version.

Reloading this morning from the CRASH. Upgrade from 86.3 to 86.4 (inside HA, selected 'UPGRADE" ) as I have done previously. Upgraded from 86.1 to 86.3 and CRASHED. No problems upgrading to 86.1, went smoothly (and all previous upgrades in the 0.85).

I’m dead now. Tried reformatting SD card, Re-downloading hassos_rpi3-1.13.img, feflashing (2 times). Will not boot (to browser UI). I need to go back to 86.3 but don’t know how.

sure the flash drive isn’t dead?

Got it up adain…Had a storm last night (Did I mention I hate my ISP?) We’re out here on the end of the line and ATT will guarantee NOTHING. When I checked my modem (DSL is all I can get) I found JUNK in the data. Had to power off for 5 min then bring everything back up. Now the Rasp Pi communicates with everything as it should and 86.4 came up JUST AS IT SHOULD. (I rebooted my PC, re-downloaded the img, and reformatted the SD card) I guess is that junk data was introduced somewhere along the process. (My internet goes down/up regularly). Back to my icon/image quest.

Hi All , great info here.
I am just curious, is there a way to the icon/picture change according to status without creating additional entity for that using template?
Did I missed anything here? It looks a bit clumsy they this is being done
Appreciate any answer.

That’s the only way if you want custom icons.