Custom integration for Gl-inet routers!

Hey HarvsG! Would love to know if you ever managed to build this integration. I recently moved from an Omada system with two APs to two gl-inet Beryl AXs (one set up as an AP) mostly for improved wireless speeds and native WireGuard support, and adguard home is a nice addition too.

My use case looks very similar to yours, would like some ability to view vpn clients, router resources, and maybe even control clients from HA, which I have running in docker on a NAS.

I couldn’t get the OpenWRT Luci integration working for me (not sure if this is a gl-inet issue or my server’s issue) but from what I’ve read it isn’t very full-featured anyway.

If you’re still working on this I’d love to help out! Or if you’ve got it up a running, even better.

1 Like

Yes I built a python API GitHub - HarvsG/gli_py: A python 3 API wrapper for GL-inet routers. [WIP] - which was broken by a dependency (uplink 0.9.7) now fixed in 0.0.14

This is the custom component, it only has functionality for device tracking at the moment and you have to run sudo docker exec homeassistant pip install uplink==0.9.5 on home assistant to get it to work for the moment.

tagging @EliTheTechGuy, would be very happy for you to contribute PRs. The code for the integration is not pretty, so anything from code clean-up to adding features in the Todo list in the readme would be amazing

Hello everyone here,
I have a GL-AX1800 Flint VPN router and wanted to ask.
whether this project is still being worked on and when a beta phase might begin?

Thank you

It gets worked on by me very occasionally (usually when my install breaks). Realistically I won’t have time to work on it for about 3-6 months. Very happy for other contributors to have a go though.

Just stumbled across this looking for something that can report the output from “Interface Status Tracking Method” so I can report and active on interface statues.

Anyone got a feel for how far this is from being able to help??

Thanks.

Can you clarify what this is?