[Custom Integration] Rental Control - for AirBnB, VRBO, etc

Hi Andrew, is Rental Control able to parse phone numbers with spaces? e.g.

DESCRIPTION:Name: Maria ***** Phone: +** * ** 48 63 04 Email: *****

Of course I want it to code as “6304” but it tried to add it as “3 04”

Yes it should handle that just fine. I have code in place to squeeze out spaces.

That being said I just put a fake number similar to what you provided into my test system and you’re correct that it’s not squeezing out the spaces. So, I obviously have a bug to go figure out.

Raised as: Phone numbers with spaces are not working correctly · Issue #207 · tykeal/homeassistant-rental-control · GitHub

v1.1.1 is now out. This fixes the problem that you were seeing. You will need to touch any door slots and toggle the Reset Code Slot option to get RC to properly manage the slot after the update.

Thanks so much Andrew, I’ll update it now.

Out of curiousity, what was special about this case?

Absolutely nothing. I had a bug in my logic that I thought I had already fixed. I don’t actually have any unit tests, because I haven’t figured out how to test everything, but this was something that I totally could easily have a test around, I just haven’t yet!

A question, I would like to create an automation that turns off a certain light bulb on the day of check-out at 11:00 am (check-out time). how can I do?

Your trigger will be “Calendar” Add Trigger, then Time and Location, then Calendar under entity select the rental control Calendar. Then select “Event End” for check out.

1 Like

Totally beat me to that!

LOL!! I know you’re always here to help.

No literally, beat me to it. I was just about to post when your’s popped in :smiley: