Custom Integration: Sonnenbatterie

The installer password are registered to a single installer, one per installer. I have seen the installer screens not much extra there that is of interest.
There is a User password to connect locally only is: sonnenUser3552

1 Like

Thanks for the User password! Iā€™ve got the Sonnenbatterie eco 8.0, I think there is no personalized login for installers. In the picture of the First Post it seems, there is a general intaller Password.

Sorry for new question, Ive been trying to control my sonnen through operating mode. the feature mentioned earlier doesnā€™t appear to be in my entities. im unsure how to add it or control the battery. I need to be capable of altering the time of use and manual charge/ discharge.

Continuing the discussion from Custom Integration: Sonnenbatterie:

Hi Weltmeyer,

thank you for your efforts.
i am a completely new to HASS and probably i have done something wrong.
since your integration was working before, but now i get the following errors in my log:

Unable to prepare setup for platform sonnenbatterie.sensor:
Platform not found (Exception importing custom_components.sonnenbatterie.sensor).

4:23:27 AM ā€“ (ERROR) setup.py
Unexpected exception importing platform custom_components.sonnenbatterie.sensor
4:23:27 AM ā€“ (ERROR) loader.py

can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

There should be more lines before and after, describing the error in more detailā€¦

i have installed my latest backup and now it is working again.
i think i made a mistake
now everything is working again.

thank you anyway for your script and help
fantastic work !!!

Given that Sonnen has now disabled the old API (where I amongst other things, read D0_12.status (self-consumption relay for heat/hot-water-pump), where can i get that information now?

It does not seem to be included from the built-in default API.

Any help appreciated ā€¦ also, anyone having the Installer password?

I had both User/Installer for the old API, but only the user for the new :frowning:

Hi @weltmeyer and other Sonnenbaterie users ,

Maybe you are so kind and have the time to help me.
3 days and much more grey hears laterā€¦ i still do not have Energy dashboard working properly

in the pictures you see the UIā€™s (sonnenapp and HASS DB) as well as the settings i have made in the energy dashboad from HASS.
Am I doing something wrong? or is it correct that the HASS DB is not that accurate (due to missing data/ rounding up / off etc) or am i just making wrong calculations.?

Thank you all for your help and input

Hi Michael,

sorry i cant help you with that.

I donā€™t know if this is the only problem, but you have assigned GridOutput in place of BatteryOutput

Hi Mads,

Indeed i saw this and changed it.
However there is still a discrepancy between the figures in ā€œthe Sonnenā€-app and the figures in HA.

did you fill it out the same as i did?
(BatteryOutput i.o. GridOutput set asside)

thanks for noticing though and your reply

Same with me and would like to have the new Installer pwd to verify more data on the ECO 8.
Did you get it in the meanwhile ?

My sonnenbatterie recently disappeared and I am trying to reconnect it now. But with the user/password listed here and IP address seen by my router I get a ā€œNo connection to the Sonnenbatterie could be establishedā€ message all the time. The IP exists (I can ping it). Any clue?

I was having the same problem, although on a new integration. Oh a whim, I added ā€œ:80ā€ after my IP address (so 192.168.1.17:80) and it worked. See if it works for you!

Good morning,

Iā€™m here to get help about my sonnen battery, I canā€™t integrate it with api in energia, I read all your info, could I have a configuration.yaml that I can insert in my HA?

Thank you

It took me a great deal of time trying to get mine to work, and finally succeeded. I used the integration linked to at the top of this post. What took me the longest to figure out was the password for the battery, as it was not the same as the phone app or website. I ended up figuring out that the default password is listed on the batteryā€™s label, as seen below. The installer was supposed to change it, but lucky me he never did. Hopefully this will be the case for you as well.

So once I used that to login to the battery via the IP address, I changed the password. Then in the integration, just select user or installer (they both worked for me with the same password), add the new (or default) password, and the IP address. After that, the sensors were all imported. No need for any configuration.yaml options. It works great with the Power Flow Card, but I havenā€™t been able to get it working well with the built-in Energy stuff. But I havenā€™t really needed/wanted that info yet. Perhaps some day.

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else who is having trouble!

1 Like

Is anyone else having issues with inaccurate numbers in home assistant? PPV1 is showing Watts in the darkā€¦ And about 200W more currently that if I look at the figure by logging into the battery.

(Also, PPV2 [SSW facing 6 panels] should overtake PPV1 [SSE facing 5 panels] around midday.)

Sonnenlogin

I have the problem that I canā€™t enter a user.
Iā€™m not going any further here. Can anyone help or does anyone have an idea?

yes, I can access everything, the only thing I canā€™t do is energy, Iā€™ve tried all the configurations they found here on the forum.

Help me!

You pick from user or installer and then use the generic password. For ā€˜userā€™ the generic password is ā€˜sonnenUser3552ā€™ and then you need the IP address on your network for your battery.