Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

It is possible with the number sensor. Or the service call.

1 Like
1 Like

Got my ID.4 yesterday and really happy to find setup and integration was simple and easy.
I’ve just updated HACS integration today and the range miles/km have been combined into one sensor. However, it’s showing as Km instead of Miles. I can’t seem to find a way to change this, is there a way to default the unit back to Miles?

Hi,
Im new here but a longtime user of HA.
I’m using this brilliant integration and it works great with my ID4.

But I can’t seem to understand how to turn on and off charging.
I would like to be able to use it both from the HA interface and in automations, but I seem to be too sluggish to figure it out…

Some guidance would be much appreciated.

You can change the unit system in Home Assistant settings :slight_smile:

You should use the service

service: volkswagen_we_connect_id.volkswagen_id_start_stop_charging
data:
  vin: WVGZZZA1ZMP001337
  start_stop: start

I thought that too. But in the UK we tend use Miles and Celsius as our units. Which wouldn’t work with imperial/metric.
Is there a way to specify units at a config level or bring back your dual sensor option.

So grateful and impressed by your work on this btw :smiley:

Is it also possible to build in a limitation? The range is now from 1 to 100*C i think the range from 15 to 25 is better :wink: it is hard to select the right value now. Hope you can helpe me with that

Hi @mitchztm: I am also interested in a version of this integration for US ID.4 owners (who are using the MyVW app). Is there any plan to include support for users in the US?

One solution is to use a template to convert the km or km/h based value to miles or mph. (Sid is the name of my ID.3 :blush: )

#Sid convert Odo from km to miles
  - sensor:
      - name: "Sid Odo Miles"
        unit_of_measurement: "mi"
        state: "{{ ((float(states('sensor.sid_odometer')) / 1.609) | round(0)) }}"

#Sid convert Range from km to miles
  - sensor:
      - name: "Sid Miles Range"
        unit_of_measurement: "mi"
        state: "{{ ((float(states('sensor.sid_range')) / 1.609) | round(1)) }}"

#Sid convert Charge rate from km/h to miles/h
  - sensor:
      - name: "Sid Charge Rate Mph"
        unit_of_measurement: "mph"
        state: "{{ ((float(states('sensor.sid_charge_rate')) / 1.609) | round(1)) }}"
2 Likes

I just added my car to home assistant and now my car is offline (Grey globe without dashes and 4g). vw connect id also stopped working. has anyone experienced this before?

I’ve had this issue. If the car does not reconnect you can pull fuse nr 19. Close the car and walk away.

10 min later insert fuse 19 back and the car should reconnect.

1 Like

now its working again :expressionless:. @mitchztm what do you mean by # Make this Unique? “id: 4008ba82-bb35-4b2f-85b3-96dca152efd1 # Make this unique”

Hi. With my new ID BUZZ I´m getting a bug reported in the logs.

[weconnect] /vehicles/12345/brandCode: An unsupported brandCode: N was provided, known values are [V, unknown brand code] please report this as a bug

Guess this is never been tested with an ID Buzz. :slight_smile: Can you please have alook. If you need other information about/from this car, please feel free to contact me.

Hey

Would you be able to install WeConnect-cli and provide the resulting information in a new Github issue/feature request?

The underlying library used by the HA custom component is the same as the one used by this utility.

Good luck with your new EV.

Thank you for this great integration! Works very well in HA.

This month our solar panels will be installed and consider to use this integration to charge the car when solar energy is available. Would it be possible to align the charge speed level to the available solar power?

I’m getting the same error with my ID Buzz, so i guess it’s not supported yet, hope it will be fixed soon.

I requested support for ID Buzz at the code owner of the underlying library:

I have not got any updates of the odometer for 10 days i.e. it still shows the same value as 10 days ago. All other sensors (at least all I have checked) work fine.

I re-installed the integration, but that did not help.

I have an ID.4 with Software 3.0 and I can see the position of the car in the app.

Is there a known problem or did I do something wrong?

You need to enable the automated service appointments in the privacy settings. Otherwise the odometer is not transferred.

3 Likes