Custom Touch UI for Tablets

would you like to be a Pal and save me a little time and upload those Komponents?:grin:

1 Like

Im having trouble getting this working.

I installed NPM and have uploaded the files to my web server.

The bit Iā€™m confused with is the ā€œwebpack --progressā€ line. I run it and it says command not found.

I have updated the .js file to point at my home assistant instance but on the top right corner of the dashboard I have an error {{config[ā€˜locationā€™]}} and the main body just says ā€œloadingā€

Can anyone help?

I too had some trouble getting things started, but everything is now up-and-running. I think the line youā€™re missing is npm install --save-dev webpack (https://www.npmjs.com/package/webpack). There may be another npm package that was required as well ā€“ I can look (way!) back in my bash history to see what else was required if you find there is another missing step.

Nope still not working for me,

This is the steps I followed

Place the files in a dir on my web server
2. Run sudo apt-get install npm
3. Run - sudo npm install --save-dev-webpack

Update the config.js file to point at my HA instance.

Still the same issue, I have an error in the corner and the dashboard just says ā€œloadingā€

npm may not have added webpack to the $PATH. You should be able to run it from node_modules/.bin/webpack

Once I get more components built and start doing actual releases the install process should go a lot easier as everything will be pre-built.

New to HA, and was planning on tablet-based touch UI from day 1.
I see that this thread (and the corresponding github) are not updated since March.
Was this project deserted?
Are there other UI options for low-cost tablets like Amazon Fire?

Thx, Ron

very cool, thanks!

Hasnā€™t quite been deserted, Iā€™ve just had a couple other projects come up that have taken priority. Hoping to be able to throw some more code at it soon

HEY PEOPLE, I cannot understand how to install this into home-assistant, pls help

Thanks,
Aarush

Itā€™s because you donā€™t clone it to the HA server. You will need to have a separate Apache server running both PHP and NPM.

Br Qxlkdr