Custom UI: Mini media player

You need to use Spotify on your phone or pc first then send it to the speaker/s you want to hear it on.

Then when you go to HA and select spotify sources it will be in there.

Spotify are having some problems keeping the sources available.

1 Like

Ah - I was thinking on adding some of the more regular playlists to the buttons. Fairly simple set up - one Sonos upstairs and one downstairs so based on the tab I could play on that Sonos.

Trying to avoid multiple apps (there is an app for literally everything) where possible

Here is the cloned version. @cameron let me know if you’d like me to create a pull request.

1 Like

Hi @Cezex Sorry I have been away for a couple of days .

Yes if you don’t mind doing a PR Iam not sure what to do.

the frontend.js I think is related to the javasript_version. could be ‘latest’ , ‘es5’ , or ‘auto’

frontend:
  javascript_version: latest

Finally got around to looking at this, and switching to auto solved the issue. Thanks!

thank you
works fine on my pc
but on my iPhone I can not open the paper-dialog. anybody knows this issue?

Hi

Not sure if this is possible

I have a HDMI chromecast that streams from plex (music and videos), it shows up in the mini player but doesn’t says whats playing just “Plex” (see below post for image)

The media player statecard tells me whats playing

Not sure if its something that’s easy, not a huge issue

Thank you

late reply but…

you just need to add the dummy media players to a group

groups:
  mini_player:
    name: Media Player
    entities:
    - input_text.dummy_binkus_video_cast
    - input_text.dummy_binkus_audio

mini

setting the icon doesn’t appear to be working for me… anyone run into this?

You have to set the icon in customize for the media player, there was a post about it but it’s disappeared for some.

Thanks. Most examples had it set under customize/input_text but this clears it up.

Is there an easy way to remove controls? For instance I have 3 sonos media players and would like to get rid of the album art and controls just leaving the volume slider for that player.

anybody know what I would use in hassio to play mp3’s when a service is executed (ie; turning on the light) using mopidy and a speaker hooked into the pi3 using a aux cable?

Would it be possible to use on/off instead of toggle for the power button?

It seems that Squeezebox players does not turn off when toggle.
Player starts when clicking first time but nothing happens when you try to turn it off (toggle called)

I added the icon configs to customize.yaml and for some reason ALL of my devices show an icon with cast. I have kodi and television on some others but they all still show as a cast icon. Anyone else have this happen?

I’m getting alot of these errors now:
2018-04-29 16:35:25 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201804260] https://xxx.duckdns.org/frontend_latest/frontend-f9c85492ac8ddd09005dd3c9153053a5.html:1:7003 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of null
Don’t think there is much difference if I change the javascript version.
Anything I can do to fix it?

HI,

After update to latest HA 0.68 I’m getting same error.
any luck resolving this issue ?

+1 Anyone found the issue?

Running 0.70.0 and I have the same issues :frowning: