Custom UI: Tiles

So I have got everything set up for a while, and it works great, thank you for that Eddi89.

I have personally always used windows and android to access home assistant, and made use of these tiles.

However now there is a IOS user in our household, and unfortunately the tiles do not show up on his screen. Neither in safari and in Chrome. I’ve tried clearing cache etc… and creating the desktop app. but nothing seems to work.

Is there anyone that has figured out how to resolve this situation?

Thanks!

Safari browser doesn’t work for me but the iOS app does. I purposely limited mine to 4 columns of 75x75 pix so they fit in the iPhone 6 display.

Does anyone have Tiles working on 0.7x after the “major overhaul of how our frontend is built”?

I upgraded from 0.66.1 to 0.71.0 and tiles has completely broken. :frowning:

The logs show the following, with a whole load of %20 text appearing:

2018-06-14 21:55:43 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201806080b0] http://192.168.199.50:8123/local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles-v3.html:90:50 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'EventsMixin' of undefined
2018-06-14 22:01:38 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201806080b0] data:text/javascript;charset=utf-8,%0A%7B%0A%20%20const%20DOMAIN_SCRIPT%20%3D%20%5B'script'%2C%20'python_script'%5D%3B%0A%20%20const%20DOMAIN_SENSOR%20%3D%20%5B'sensor'%2C%20'binary_sen
...cut short...

@eddi89 - would you mind having a look to see if Tiles can be fixed please?

EDIT - just noticed there’s an update on the GitHub project page…

The update should do it. I’m on 0.71.0 and it is working fine.

anyone have ideas how to change the color and fontsize of the header in a panel_custom multi setup.

no matter what I try here, no difference made:

- header: Switch
  header_color: '#555B65'
  header_size: 2em
  row: 2
  tiles:
    header_color: '#555B65'
    header_size: 2em
    columns: 4
    row_height: 50px
    color_on: '#F0C209'
    color_off: '#555B65'
    text_color_on: '#555B65'
    text_color_off: '#F0C209'
    text_uppercase: false
    entities:

Hi,

Any idea if the tiles can support video? Thinking of making a HDMI Matrix interface using tiles which show what the input would be showing. Would use a HDMI over IP Transmitter to get the UDP, HTTP, RTSP, RTMP streams.

Does the new Lovelace UI have any impact on this project?

1 Like

Is it possible the tile configuration broke on 0.72?

Working fine for me.

Yeah, just noticed that there was a breaking change introduced in 0.70… Updated my customized tile html pages (extends Polymer).

Thanks @eddi89 for this great component.
Currently looking at building a custom UI for mobile usage inspired by @andrewjfreyer examples.

Is it possible to create just simple tiles with text/icons only that are not clickable and wont trigger anything? Want to implement some headers?
Im using dummy input_texts atm.

1 Like

Does anybody succeed to use the tiles with lovelace ui?

2 Likes

I have but it’s a bit odd. If you put your input_text: inside a group and then add the group as an entity to a card on Lovelace, it’ll give you a group icon with unknown as it’s state. If you then click that, a more info window will pop up with the fully functioning tiles inside it.

I’m sure adding proper custom_ui features to Lovelace is on the list to add given how popular they are but the devs do say she’s only here to play with at the moment…oo err missus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

yes, i got exactly the same behavior with “unknown” state.
tiles is very useful thing and i hope it will be implemented soon in lovelace as well

they guys i have this error my tiles are showinf up ok on my iphone but not on chrome

http://my.ip:8123/local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html:90:50 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'EventsMixin' of undefined

this is my config.

frontend:
  extra_html_url:
    - /local/custom_ui/custom-weather-card.html
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html
  extra_html_url_es5:
    - /local/custom_ui/custom-weather-card.html
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles_es5.html

Update to the latest version of tiles. The latest release has a fix for that with HA 0.70.0+

This will be a perfect addition to Lovelace…hoping that we get it there soon.

1 Like

I’ve got a very odd problem with tiles, not sure when it started but somewhere around 0.70/0.71 I think. Everything is currently up to date.

If I have this as my default view…

default_view:
    name: Buttons
    icon: mdi:apps
    view: yes
    entities:
      - group.inside_buttons

group.inside_buttons has just input_text.inside in it.

When I first load HA no icons load either in my tiles or in the menu across the top. If I click on one of the invisible icons to load a different tab everything works fine from thereon…until another refresh.

If I load any other ‘normal’ tab first everything is fine straight away and, here’s the really weird one, if I add a normal group to the one above it also works properly.

It’s only when the tiles group is on it’s own that I get this strange behaviour. Anyone else seen this?

Images to go with above.

Initial load…

After visiting another tab…

No errors anywhere that I can find. A force refresh loses all the icons again.

can we try this Lovelace next to, or maybe should i say ‘in’ our regular setup, or do we need to replace that with the Lovelace interface for the full Hassio configuration? Im a bit weary to test this experimental setup if the latter.