Customising the BOM Weather and lovelace - now in HACS

Are any entities disappearing?

Seems that all entities that are listed in the card are still good

any console errors? What version of the card is showing?

The advanced example on this page works correctly in grid layout if you’d care to have a look.
I’ve been trying to adapt it to your code but I have never worked with js or CSS before, so I have no idea what any of it means! :grin:

I will check it out - just a busy weekend. I have very limited Java skills but we will see if I can figure it out

1 Like

Yeah the dev-docs aren’t helping much. Also looked at Thomas’s repo and I see that the grid-layout also isn’t working with the Apex Charts. I see you posted here 🔹 Layout-card - Take control of where your cards end up - #419 by Psyonic as well.

I will try Discord to reach Thomas for advice/help so hang tight (but not TOO tight.) Low expectations for this but we may be rewarded…

2 Likes

Thanks mate!

Not sure if this helps you, but the BOM Radar card also works fine, perhaps @theRat might have some insight…?

No console errors. I think I have realised that it is whenever I do a restart of HA from another machine that it will disappear from my wall mounted tablet. Other than that it works fine.

Still odd though… The card updates every 30 seconds…

Released as beta 0.89 of the card which (hopefully) will remove the console nag to update to Lit 2… No guarantees I got this right but so far seems ok to me.

Hi, have been useing the card for a while with no problems. Recently noticed it’s displaying NaN for both Today’s High and Low. Wondering how to fix that?

Make sure the template sensor is returning real values. If you use the average integration I recommend there was a breaking change that duplicated the sensors with an _2 prefix that you need to fix. Easiest way is to delete the entities in configuration>entities and restart home assistant after which will remove the _2’s for you and all sensors will have the original names.

David, yes I’m using the HACS Average integration. Do I need to delete all 130 entities from the BOM integration or only those with _2 in their name?

don’t delete the _2 ones… delete the original ones without the _2 and restart and it will magically fix itself. It’s only the ones created by average.

Well, I ended up deleting the BOM and Average integrations, re-start HA, add them back, re-start HA. Card still showing the NaN for High and Low.

Do you still have the _2’s? You most probably do because you will have the original ones ‘restored’ so do what I suggested above!

Have you seen this one before David?

Logger: frontend.js.latest.202105311
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:190
First occurred: 13:37:58 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:37:58

https://10.1.1.100:8123/hacsfiles/bom-weather-card/bom-weather-card.js:914:9 TypeError: root is null

never…
The only error I’m seeing is a litelement (not related to this card already fixed) and a bunch of apexchart errors but none like that.
Clear Cache & Hard Reload?
I was getting some log errors after updating to b3 just before but after a restart none…

OK did you update to 0.89a? It guards for thisshadowroot but I only released it as a beta. I will do a release now as it seems I didn’t screw anything up.

No but I was testing core b3. Had to rollback as it shot my CPU use through the roof and I don’t have time to debug it right now.

1 Like