Customising the BOM Weather and lovelace - now in HACS

Thanks - With the ‘title’ attribute for the card - should that display somewhere to help distinguish one card weather location from another? Not seeing it show up at all…

No it ignores it. I suggest using a markdown card… I use a few of those.
Just cos I know how hard it can be to get markdown looking right try this:

- type: markdown
            style:
              ha-markdown:
                $: |
                  h1 {
                    display: block;
                    letter-spacing: -0.012em;
                    line-height: 32px;
                    font-size: 24px;
                    margin-block-start: 0.83em;
                    margin-block-end: 0.83em;
                    margin-inline-start: 0px;
                    margin-inline-end: 0px;
                    font-weight: normal;
                  }
            content: >
              # Tasmota Scripts

As a pattern. This will set the text size etc so it looks the same as titles on other cards.

Thanks for all of the BoM weather app work that has been done.
When I was on 0.115 and earlier, my icons for the BoM Forecast were working fine in a regular Lovelace card but I had not persisted to get the BoM Weather Card properly set up. Now with 0.117.1 installed I have the BoM Weather Card set up and working but am getting no icons.
I have the icons in /config/www/icons/bom_icons and /config/www/icons/weather_icons. I believe that is still correct. Is there any change to the icons set up that I may have missed? File names are unchanged?

There were a few that did change names but a long time ago. The new BOM integration added some conditions or changed names as well… What is the icon_ name for days with missing icons? I’m assuming you updated the card to the latest version as I added all new conditions I was aware of last week…

Where would I see the icon_names?
Selection_553 Selection_552
I checked the browser element inspector but could see nothing there.

In dev_tools
Can you show your folder structure… It looks like you may not have updated the card but sunny (icon_) has not been added or changed.

The Bom Weather Card in HACS shows version 0.82 but I notice that the icons folder in www folder does not show in Samba. So maybe I have a permissions issue and the files cannot be read.
Selection_554

So there are animated icons and static icons.
/config/www/icons/weather_icons
animated static weather_icons.zip
➜ ~
/config/www/icons/weather_icons
animated static weather_icons.zip
➜ ~

In Samba, the default configuration in the addon excludes icons so go into the addon config, remove that, save and restart samba.
Make sure the animated icons are IN the animated folder /config/www/icons/weather_icons/animated

1 Like

A note to everyone… the fair-day and fair-night icon was crammed into 1 corner, a bit small and looked a bit ‘odd’ so I edited those 2 icons just today. So they are in the icons zip file and can be downloaded/updated from there. One of the ‘new’ conditions the new API seems to use is mostly_sunny instead of partly_cloudy which uses that icon,

It’s probably the same thing that prevents that folder being seen in windows as well. It is there. Try typing the folder directly in your file viewer.

Hi guys having moved to the new BOM FTP integration, I am gettng this error when checking configuration.yaml.

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:819
First occurred: 7:19:58 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:19:58 PM

Platform error: sensor - Integration 'bom' not found.
Platform error: sensor - Integration 'bom_forecast' not found.

i have not such entries in yaml.config file and confused where it is referenced.

I already said the problem is with the configuration of the Samba addon.

It is referenced somewhere. Are you using the package? Did you remove it from there?

looking at yaml config there are two references that are not showing values in dev tools.
sensor.bom_today_min
sensor.bom_today_max

so I assume I just reference it to my location suburb?

No those are template sensors that use the entities provided by the integration. Did you read the docs for setting this up?

yes, so I removed your old integration added the new Bureau of Meteorology, then removed out of the yaml.config all the old BOM senor information. Pasted in your template. Edited the location to be my suburb. Set the location via the integration lat and long.

Have I missed something?

Just spent some time on my installation, upgraded everything and found the BOM sensor and radar not working. From this thread it looks like there is a new integration?

Hi,

OK I think I found it there was a folder /config/packages/weather.yaml (I cant remember placing in there) anyway I renamed it backup and it now loads the config ok.

That package has the template sensors in it as well as the old integration core sensor config. You don’t need those but you do need the templates otherwise the card won’t display correctly.

The BOM sensor has been deprecated in 0.117 so the new integration replaces that as well as the old FTP integration. The radar is a seperate lovelace card by therat…