Customize / Clean up dashboard

Along the top of my dashboard, I have some of the default values from the YR service. How do I clean them up? For example, change “yr cloudiness” to just “Cloudiness” or “yr fog” to just “Fog”. In the example below from Weather Underground, I tried:

customize:
  sensor.pws_feelslike_f:
  friendly_name: 'Feels Like'

I get the following error :
16-11-14 21:34:37 homeassistant.bootstrap: Invalid config for [homeassistant]: Value of sensor.pws_feelslike_f is not a dictionary for dictionary value @ data[‘customize’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘sensor.pws_feelslike_f’, None), (‘friendly_name’, ‘Feels Like’)]). (See /home/hass/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml:2).

If I change it in the Dev tools section, it shows up as I want it to but after some time or a service restart it goes right back to the way it was before. Thanks.

Are you sure you formatted it correctly? Tab (actually 2 spaces) should be before friendly name, e.g.

customize: sensor.pws_feelslike_f: friendly_name: 'Feels Like'

@vkorn is correct - your formatting is off. And if you want to use a custom icon, it should line up right under the friendly name attribute.

Please feel free to use the customizations I developed for the original Weather Underground app in the post below - the naming convention remains the same as the official component and it includes relevant icons as well.

I also have a great set for DarkSky if you use that - let me know if you need them.

1 Like

I really appreciate the help. This is awesome, Thanks to both of you!

I’d love to see your darksky config, @rpitera