Customize text for home and not home state

Hi,

I would like to be able to change the friendly name for these states for use in the ui. The all lower case names are driving me crazy :slight_smile:. Also it would be nice to use my own language like I have for all the other zones.

I have read the suggeation of using templates, but I have a lot of zones, and keep adding/changing them. So templates seems like to much administration…

Thanks,
Nepa

I’m not sure I understand. In the first paragraph it sounds like you have used your own language for most of your zones. So you would only need the template for the “home” zone. Is that right??

Check this out.

@nepa You could try my custom component. It adds a street address if not_home and capitalises home. I also found it annoying but ended up going a lot further as I hated the device tracker saying not_home. Check it out the component here.

Hi,

I mean my own language, as in Norwegian, so I also want some friendly names for home and away\not home in Norwegian.

And from what I’ve read you need to add an if state for every zone if you use templates.
Ref: Change the text of some attributes?

I also tried friendly name for customizing entities

This adds the friendly name I made when i look at the entity zone.home under developer tools, but the UI still just says home in lower cases for my device trackers.

Hi, That looks pretty sweet! I will have a look when I have more time. Thanks

Thanks, that will at least help with the upper case letter, but I also want to change the text to something else. I will try @michaelmcarthur components first, but I hope they make an official way of changing this text to whatever people like.