Hi @Shiny, there isn’t any config, it just has to be set up.
I struggled to get it to work but found the following worked about 80% of the time.
Make sure you have the device, Home Assistant and your phone all together. The time the plug is available is not much and I had to do the following a couple of times to get it to work. Since then, I’ve had no issues.
You will also need the Homekit integration. I notice that has been updated in the latest release so not sure if the following will still work.
If you already have a ‘Home’ set up on your IOS device (in the Apple IOS Home App, not the Home Assistant IOS App) you may want to create a second temporary one as you need to delete it.
- Make sure the plug is full factory reset
- Add the device to IOS Home App (I couldn’t get this to work using the Cygnett App) by scanning the icon
- Once it has successfully added (don’t go through the full process like assigning it to a room), delete the whole HOME you set up in the Apple IOS Home APP and then force close it
- Immediately hold the reset button on the plug for 2-3 seconds and the LED should flash as it attempts to reconnect to your IOS HOME APP
- Home Assistant should then auto discover the plug and you should get a notification
- Add the device (you are asked for the CODE printed on the plug)
That’s it. But I often stumbled trying to read the code on the plug and by the time I entered it, HA said the device was no longer available.