D-Link DCS-8000LHV2 integration

Hi, juts got a new D-Link ip camera DCS-8000LHV2. Seem like new V2 version of DCS-8000LH is not anymore cloud locked. So, in theory it might easier to get integration working. D-Link says that ONVIF and RTSP are supported.

Got ONVIF integration working partially. I can get some kind of video stream up and running, but due some issues with plugin it fails to load entities. So, for now this isn’t the best approach. HA log shows following warning message:

[homeassistant.components.onvif] Failed to fetch ONVIF PullPoint subscription messages for...

Also tried motionEye, but never got it streaming anything. MotionEye network camera config seems to authenticate rtsp protocol urls just fine, regardless if I define some endpoint or not. MotionEye log says following:

ERROR: mjpg client timed out receiving data for camera 1 on port 8081

And BTW, Firefox seems to authenticate and load simple http image request (http://192.168.xxx.xxx/image/jpeg).cgi.

Does anyone know where I can find http/rtsp API endpoint descriptions for this particular device or for some other 2020 released D-Link ip camera? Suppose, there might some similarities…

Any other ideas how to proceed with this?

Got it working with motionEye. Probed full rtsp urls by using some python magic. In case someone is interested urls are:
rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/onvif_camera/profile.0
rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/onvif_camera/profile.1

4 Likes

What credentials did you use?

Just bought this camera and found this thread, thanks! This is the syntax:

rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/onvif_camera/profile.0

Where 123456 is the PIN printed underneath the camera (and on a paper inside the box) and X.X.X.X is the camera IP address ie 192.168.1.3

2 Likes

i can configure it, but the video is not displayed saying: unable to open video device… there are some specific configuration to set?

Hi all,
Found this thread. Seems like I cant connect to my camera ( 8302LH), even though it supports rtsp and onvif.

When I try to add a generic cam using the adress mentioned by @Rune_Eriksson, it simply gives me a 404.

Hi,
URL for the 8302LH
‘rtsp://admin:[email protected]/live/profile.0’
Authentification : digest

2 Likes

For the DCS-8302LH I found the following streams to work in VLC playback on computer, so should work fine as generic camera:
1080p: rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/onvif/profile.0
720p: rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/onvif/profile.1

Also the ONVIF integration seems pick up both DCS-8302LH and DCS-8000LHV2 devices when not using automatic search.

Add ONVIF device, uncheck “search automatically”, go to next page via submit button and enter the camera IP in host field, 80 in port field, admin in username field (with lowercase a), and camera PIN in password field.

Hi, onvif is working but I get the dlink logo and other overlays in the image, is it possible to remove?

1 Like

Thank you, this worked for DCS-8000LHV2 as well. The streams from @Jyoggi didn’t work with this camera.

Edit: The wifi performance (range) is really poor though … (with this camera)