D-Link W215

Did you resolve this issue?

It did at one point work. But when the W215 loses connection to the WiFi the errorlog of home-assist just fills up with loads of junk. I moved away from the device.

I am seeing the following constantly, I wonder if we can get the developer of this component to add a configuration value to ignore the TotalConsumption check as it looks like it is also not available in the Australian version:

WARNING:pyW215.pyW215:Could not find TotalConsumption in response.

I sorted my issue by updating with https://github.com/LinuxChristian/pyW215/blob/master/pyW215/pyW215.py
It appears to have been due to the v1.24 “legacy” firmware the device installs in the Australian version, I’m investigating whether the v2.22 will work on the device.

Hi @DasBasti ,

How are your W215 Switches now ? I mean do you have both functionality (Power Consumption and Switching function) integrated in hass ?

I am planning to buy a smart Switch with power usage monitoring capability. Well the options now came down to Efergy Ego Smart Socket , D-Link W215 and Wemo Insight Switch. All these 3 switches are supported in hass but I am unable to get the idea if both Switching and power usage monitoring can be tracked from hass or not ?

My existing Orvibo Switches work like charm with hass and those are cheap as well, so in terms of switching, Orvibo is perfect for me. But at this time, I am looking for something that can measure/monitor power and can be displayed in hass. Considering the requirement, would someone suggest a switch for me please. I really can’t decide.

Thanks

I found that the W215 switches had a very unrelyable connection to my wifi. So I sent them back. Right now I use S20 Wifi Smart Switches with a custom firmware. There is no energy metering funcionality.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info. Now my choice came down to efergy or WeMo insight.

By the way just curious, what extra you are getting from custom firmware in S20 ? Isn’t it the orvibo S20 ?

I got some of these: https://www.itead.cc/smart-socket-eu.html and flashed a custom firmware on them to put them into my mqtt network of connected devices.

any luck so far?

I am also looking for a switch with metering capabilities

Hi @anon35356645
still waiting for some feedback from someone in the forum. Specially I am a biased towards the efergy units as i read good reviews about them in terms of metering capability plus those are on sale on some store. As @DasBasti commented about w215 as not very reliable, So WeMo and efergy are two choices where in price department efergy shines. I will update once finalize the purchase. I am too reluctant of some smart gadget which is not good fit with hass.

which? I see them only at 50 euro, a bit too much for a switch IMO

Yeah even after sale, the price is ridiculous. But I didn’t find any cheap alternative which has the power measurement capability along with switching and go well with hass. For only switching, Orvibo S20 is perfect for me (AUD 22). And I found Wemo Insight Switch price is around 79, Efergy 59 (original 69) and W215 is around 49.

Check Hs110?

Unfortunately that modules are not available here.

contros sp2 (strangely the new model sp3 has not the metering capabilities)

Sorry to be waking the dead here, but did you manage to work with the Efergy Ego smart switch after all ? it seems as it’s not supported by HASS : see here

I sent the switch back since I could not get it to work reliable.

1 Like

I ended up ordering the TP-Link HS110, we’ll see how it goes with this one

Nope! as suggested by other forum members I went with the efergy engage instead which works pretty good.

1 Like

sorry for the necroposting, but I have a D-link switch too
that reads, in dev-state:

current power w

total consumption

temperature

BUT i can’t find how to express the values as a sensor.
I suppose it’s easier than I think, but… can you help me? Thanks!