D-Link Water Sensor DCH-S160

I have extracted my integration for the motion sensor (S150) into its own repository now, which is also added to HACS. Since adding support for S160 should be quite simple, I want to do that as well but I need some help. If you use one and want to help out, have a look in https://github.com/postlund/dlink_hnap/pull/2.

The integration is here for the motion sensor as well:

1 Like

S160 is now supported by my integration if anybody is still interested :+1:

4 Likes

I added your integration as a custom component and it works great!

Thank you @postlund

2 Likes

Great work, congratulations!

… by the way, would it also work with DCH-S161 ?

Thanks! :blush:

I don’t know, but probably. If you have one, feel free to give it a try and let me know if it works!

Don’t have it yet but was thinking on getting one and was checking before ordering it :innocent::stuck_out_tongue:

I would expect them to work the same, otherwise I can we can figure it out.

anyway to get it to install on Homebridge? I realize this is an Home Assistant group but I thought I’d ask nonetheless

Isn’t homebridge JavaScript? You would probably have to write a small daemon and do some IPC or run via command line. Not sure what is possible.

Hi,

I’ve managed to get my s160 connected properly to my HA after resolving some issues with postlund’s help, but I am hitting an issue in terms of using automation for notification when the water sensor gets wet. Below is my automation.yaml snippet. If anyone can put some pointers that would be great:

- id: '1604513245230'
  alias: Basement Laundry Water Notification
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.basement_laundry
    to: 'On'
    for: 00:00:01
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_g950w
    data:
      title: Laundry Water Sensor
      data:
        group: Water Sensor
  mode: single

I’ve managed to figure out the notification issue. So the only issue now I am trying to figure out is how to get the dch-s161 to work with home assistant as i validated that the s161 does not work with postlunds dch-160 integration.

I would love some help setting this up with a DCH-161 sensor. I can get the entity to show up in HA but the state does not change from dry to wet when triggered. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Did you ever get the s161 working?

1 Like

nope, i’ve left a message with @postlund a few months ago to see if there is something else I can do to help troubleshoot/narrow the issue but no luck.

The last i’ve left it at was that the communication protocol the s161 uses is different from the s160.

1 Like

It’s really too bad. The sensors themselves are very good and relatively cheap.
For now I use IFTTT to trigger my water shutoff which works ok but I would love to have it all local.

1 Like

I just installed HA today. I take it it’s not possible to integrate DCH-S161? Are there any other water sensors that work with HA?

I bought a Sinopé Sedna sensor, it’s zigbee so you can add them natively in HA if you have a zigbee dongle.

They are very well built and I was able to test them live last week, when it detected a water leak in the basement.

1 Like

Did you ever manage to get this figured out ? I am having the same problem…

@stamandr yea, i managed to get the notification to work on my phone at the end. I’ve had to use the GUI to do it, but below is the yaml snippet from my automations.yaml

alias: Basement Laundry Water Notification
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.basement_laundry
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_g950w
    data:
      title: Laundry Water Sensor
      data:
        group: Water Sensor
  mode: single

below are snippets from my GUI automation:

Let me know if the above manages to help you out

Also as a side note the above works great, compared to the native D-Link app that off and on notifies me about water incidents. Just wished I could get the S161 to talk to home assistant, but I haven’t had any luck to date with it.