Dahua VTO to MQTT Broker

Installed, working (VTO2211)
Will play more with it

Its possible to install this via HACS?

Not yet, but if you approve this pull request it’s will be possible :wink:

@myhomeiot I just installed your add-on and it works great with Dahua DHI-VTO2111D-WP. Thank you!

Thanks for update! If you found interesting events and automation which is not described in integration documentation please share them here

Hi all,

thanks for @myhomeiot for the custom component, I will keep that integration as it more useful for those who would like it to work cross-platform.

released a new version with support for multiple doors, just send in the open door topic the door ID you would like to open, by default (if not sent) it will open door 1,
payload example for another door:

{
   "Door": 2
}

In addition, i got in GitHub - DahuaVTO2MQTT - Issue #39 a request to support not just Dahua VTO with that integration but also Dahua Camera, it appears that no additional work is requeired if you would like it to work for you, instead of DAHUA_VTO_* parameters for the VTO unit, use the parameters for the camera (ip, username and password),
Events will get published just for the camera,
if you are using it, the are 2 options to diffrinciate between the devices (VTO and Camera),
By SN or by changing the MQTT Topic Prefix per docker image you are running.

thanks

Following the latest news that the docker image supports all Dahua devices, updated the opening post

Thanks a lot for the great work!

Can someone give me a hint how I can stop the ringing of the bell out of home assistant.

I can open the door out of home assistant using the Dahua API, however the bell keeps still ringing then. How domI stop it? I have tried using the hang up and refuse call calls from the Dahua API documentation, but that does not stop the ringing.

About these bells, how do you manage voice?. I mean, with all these I can receive an image from the camera through MQTT, but I don’t know how to respond to anyone that calls…

How do you have that integrated?

I don’t manage voice as I am not aware of any two way audio or SIP client integration for home assistant.

So, you only receive a message that ring a bell at home, then you see the camera and then you open the door with a nuki system or similar. Is that your automation?

Thanks.

Basically, yes, it allows you to get indication that someone is in the gate or door and then you apply any automation into it,
It also allows you to listen to other events and act upon it, and not just for Dahua VTO unit - alll Dahua NVR and Camera also supported.

Hello @bar ,
I am trying to use this addon with my Dahua NVR as it should work, but it seems it cannot connect.
Maybe because I am using HTTPS? Or a port issue?

this is what I get: the IP address of the NVR is correct … not possible to configure port or https right?

Add-on: DahuaVTO2MQTT
Listens to events from Dahua VTO unit and publishes them via MQTT Message

Add-on version: 1.0.13
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
parse error: Expected string key before ‘:’ at line 1, column 4
[17:17:28] ERROR: Unknown HTTP error occured
System: (amd64 / qemux86-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2021.5.5
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.04.3

[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing…
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

2021-05-26 17:17:29,661 INFO main Connecting
2021-05-26 17:17:29,663 ERROR main Connection failed will try to connect in 30 seconds, error: [Errno 111] Connect call failed (‘180.180.180.22’, 5000), Line: 394``

can you please share the configuration? it seems that the json config is invalid

thanks

Here you go. @bar Thank you!
NVR port is 37777 TCP, otherwise I connect through https protocol port 443.

intercom:
  host: 180.180.180.22
  username: USRID
  password: PWD
mqtt:
  host: core-mosquitto
  port: '1883'
  username: MosquittoUID
  password: MosquittoPWD
  topic_prefix: DahuaNVR

I tried to log directly into one camera and it works (no https)… so it must be something related to the NVR connection itself.

Is there any other way to see what’s making the connection failing?

Currently it supports only port 80 for HTTP, will add support for HTTPS

New release:

• Added Lock State status to prevent duplicate attempts of unlock (which led to error log message since the unit didn’t allow that operation)
  • Publish MQTT message with the lock status

Lock State
Topic [MQTT_BROKER_TOPIC_PREFIX]/MagneticLock/Status represents the locking status, Works only if the lock released by the DahuaVTO2MQTT

Since there is not real indication, it pulls from the configuration of the unit the interval allowed between unlocks (as defined in the Web Manager of the unit),

It will also protect duplicate attempts while the magnetic lock is in unlock interval

{
    "door":"Door ID",
    "isLocked":"true/false"
}

v1.0.15 should support SSL, added ssl parameter to the intercom section, set it to true and it should work

Thank you @bar!
Cannot update to v1.0.15. Addon interface still says v1.0.14.

added the ssl: true parameter, but comm is not working:

2021-05-28 23:10:14,213 ERROR main Connection failed will try to connect in 30 seconds, error: [Errno 111] Connect call failed (‘180.180.180.22’, 5000), Line: 543

I had the same problem when fallowing this youtube video.

Its becous the “binary_sensor” is used twice and that doesn’t work.
But i still cant get the entity’s to show up in HA.