Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

I’ll check this later, but I don’t really want to buy 3 wifi controllers to control it again. I’ll see how it goes, and I’ll email Daikin to put some more pressure on it (if it even helps haha)

You say “control it again”.
Did you lose the ability to control them using the API by firmware upgrade?

No, I said it wrong. I want to control it with HA like the old ones. I decided to buy Daikins because of the integration. My order actually said the older version with the B wifi, but I got the newer ones with out extra cost (also two 2,5 kw instead of two 2 kw units :D)

1 Like

I guess that HA and Nabu Casa could be such a company. I could try to write the integration if we get the Nabu-Casa team onboard with an NDA (see this Config Flow | Home Assistant Developer Docs and send an email to [email protected].).

3 Likes

Hi Frederik, I just emailed hello@HA to see what is possible.

1 Like

I already got feedback from Paulus (translated from Dutch):

Daikin had already told me this in May. Pity.

An NDA is unfortunately not possible for us because our code is open source and therefore implementing a secret API is not possible.

So unless we can put more pressure on Daikin (open cloud API or local API), this marks the end of the integration for all new devices.

Wow, so the API is secret, not the keys!? That is really not what I expected in 2021 (perhaps in -96 or so).

1 Like

Funny how we went from one of the most open, local and simple implementations to this pile of crap overnight. This is even worse then the IO standard from Somfy/Velux as there you can at least buy an intermediary (Tahoma box) with an open API. Probably we can have some 400€ Niko box in the future to go from the Niko cloud to the Daikin cloud…

Also the fact that there is no sign of anything HomeKit related is almost laughable. Their product is not going to be very “cool”.

Remember when Logitech changed some things with Harmony and all the negative feedback that generated for them? This is beyond that. And I’m not so certain they are not going to bring this to the older models too a few years down the line.

Now, I’ve already seen scripts that allow support for these C models by reverse engineering the Android app which is probably using the exact same API…

Does Daikin have an alternative way to control these domestic units (wired?) that could be used.

3 Likes

Perhaps we could listen for the communication and communicate with the API, but that will always be a “non supported” way unless Daikin allows it.

https://medium.com/testvagrant/intercept-ios-android-network-calls-using-mitmproxy-4d3c94831f62

Anyone looked into this: GitHub - Apollon77/daikin-controller-cloud: Connect and Control Daikin Cloud devices

Found it by accident

Yes, there is an S21 connector on almost all units.
Using the right cable, you can plug in an “older” B or A external wifi controller.

I’m aware, think it was already featured here as well. This is currently my plan B. Was wondering more about some “industrial” control method which probably uses that same port then.

Plan D is me signing their NDA and flash some binary version of their API on a microcontroller and sell it for 50€ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found this website https://compatibility.intesis.com/ where I searched for my FTXM-R indoor units. The result is several compatible devices for Daikin units. I’m considering to buy one for IR although I hate the idea that every change the system will make creates a beep on the unit. Wiring the units for KNX is another option but then I will have a cable running along the wall (not very nice either). There’s also a Wifi module that is wired to the unit. Maybe that’s the best way. It is expensive. Found one for 239 Euros here. Would be a big loss if it doesn’t work. You have to communicate with ASCII commands with the Wifi unit.

Ok, I just ordered the Intesis Wifi module here for 238,37 Euros. I’ll let you all know how things went. If it works I’ll order a second one for the unit in my bedroom. I’m not using Home Assistant for this project. I think I can use the building blocks of my Loxone system for that. But if it works with Loxone my guess is one of you can code it for Home Assistant as well

2 Likes

Shame on Daikin… Poor vision.

As Google Home is integrated with Daikin Cloud, would it be possible to use it as a kind of proxy to send commands to the AC units?

A lot dirty but better that no control.

1 Like

I still cannot understand why API from reverse engineered mobile app is not a solution. At least Xiaomi vacuum cleaner integration works in similar way. You need to do some magic tricks getting API key from app, then it all starts working seamlessly.

I totally agree. Shame in Daikin. Before I bought my units I did extensive research on how to integrate them into my home automation. I was perplexed when I discovered my all new Daikin units didn’t support the old interface anymore. The Intesis solution has the advantage for me that no future changes from Daikin (who we now know can’t be trusted) will influence my integration. Although expensive in the long run it will be beneficial (if it works of course).

Like you, I selected Daikin counting on local API. I have now 2 stilish with old interface and 4 perfera with the Cloud API I cannot control from HA.
Question: The Inesis solution is for a single AC unit or it manages multiple units?

I’m in the Netherlands and called Daikin. They don’t want to help, rude and support is shit. Apparently I’m the one with the problem and not Daikin. This was my first but will be my last Daikin. They can’t seem to understand that AP mode is messing with existing networks in the already crowded 2.4Ghz band. I have 4 units. It’s also annoying when they pop up in the list. At least hide the SSID. If you do the setup you have to enter the SSID and key manually anyway or scan the QR anyway.

I found this on their website. It’s a different card but I would not bet on it that they will fix this. I am on 1.12.30. My apologies for the rant but all the tings add up and make this very frustrating.

https://www.daikin.com.sg/wifi-setup

" Can the AP mode be disabled?"
For the D-Mobile Card (BRP072C42), the AP mode cannot be disabled.

The Intesis module is connect via wire to 1 unit. In other words: You need a Intesis module per unit. If you have many units this can become very costly. Had I known this in advance I would not have taken Daikin although I do think the units are pretty good. Integration is important to me.