Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

Hi all,

Did you guys find a way to integrate BRP069C4x WiFi controller to HA?

And if not yet, do you think (regarding the way this module is designed to speak with the cloud app) if it will be possible to send requests locally without using Internet? I definitely needs to sent requests locally since all my solution is designed to work without the Internet.

Also, I’m still in touch with my Daikin reseller to see if it’s possible to switch the integrated WiFi module to an old one which is safely compatible with HA like BRP069A41/BRP069B41.
I’m not sure at this point if we need to switch the whole unit to do that or if it’s possible to only switch the WiFi controller. However since WiFi is “integrated” I’m not sure if we can only downgrade the WiFi module to an older version. I’ll keep you in touch with this workaround.

Thank you for your help!

3 Likes

There is some more info here related to the BRP069C4x WiFi module, maybe it helps someone: https://github.com/cbrandlehner/homebridge-daikin-local/issues/123

1 Like

Maybe this can help? https://github.com/Apollon77/daikin-controller-cloud

I’m under the impression that all newly installed Dainkin units come with the new BRP069C4x WiFi module.
I had my AC installed this week and encounter the same problem.
I’m not a dev but perhaps a dev could have a look at the cloud controller access mentionned above?

Greetz

P.

1 Like

Same problem here. Had 2 Daikin Perfera units (FTXM35R2V1B) installed this week which presumably also come with the BRP069C4x module. Can add to HA but doesn’t work actually.

Very disappointed in Daikin that not only it’s not working with Home Assistant but also, if / when a solution is found it will probably still require cloud access. Local control was one of the main reasons I chose for Daikin but apparently they removed that from new models. From other forums it seems like some developers are working on getting things working through the cloud API.

My units are running firmware 1.1.30 out of factory, but to add them to the Daikin app requires an update to firmware version 1.7.22. For now I’m refusing the update in case a future solution only works with factory firmware.

2 Likes

I am in the same situation… Installed 4 new units this week (3 FTXM25R2V1B and 1 FTXM35R2V1B) and the current integration is not working.
I only noticed this issue with the Home Assistant integration after adding them with the Daikin Controller app and the cloud, that required the update to 1.7.22, which I did.

Another annoying thing, is that the units are constantly broadcasting their SSIDs. Looks like they stay in AP mode, even when connected to my local home WiFi. I did not know this was even possible!!
Is this happening with you too? (Not sure if it was because I used WPS for the home WiFi connection…)

I’m in the same situation as DManel too. Splits continue to broadcast their SSIDs. The app now offers me the upgrade from 1.7.22 to 1.12.30. For the moment I’m refusing this upgrade waiting for an evolution of the integration

Same here with the SSID broadcasting. And i have them on 1.12.30

I have the same exact issue.
I installed 2 perfera model and one stylish.
All of them comes with BRP069Cx and are not integrabile right now.
I decided to buy the perfect AC and now I am really disappointed and angry about the situation. I really do hope somebody with much more experience and competences than me can reverse engineer the app ad fix the integration issue.
Thank you!!!

Joining the “sad party” with few ftxm* models.

1. Daikin residential controller service is not working and I cannot even add devices to my Daikin application :frowning:
  2. Ap broadcasting is also on. But looks like same for older wifi module
  3. @PluViteKaFon did reseller respond about downgrading wifi module?

Yep @vukisz.

Long story short:
For 1. and 2. I’ve succeeded to catch and decrypt traffic from the app for obtaining tokens and reverse engineering the API. I’m not a dev so I write a very ugly python script to integrate with HA. It’s works but there’s two major downsides: it still passing through the cloud (and since this WE it’s not woking anymore without errors on my side so I don’t know what’s happening right now) + the refresh token is only valid one month so I need to re-catch and decrypt traffic from the app every month to obtain a valid access token. It sucks.
For 3. Yep it’s works. My reseller give me a module for testing but I did not find the time to install it (since I have a workaround). It’s not officialy support by Daikin but since you have an S21 connector on the mainboard you can connect both WiFi modules (legacy BRP069B41 and new one) at the same time.

Can you please confirm if you have weird problems with the Residential App right now? Nothing works (my unit is already integrated) but I cannot control it…
I tried to download the JSON response and there’s no errors, settings are just fine.

1 Like

Cool findings!
Roborock vacuum is integrated into HA quite good and it’s using it’s cloud. Getting app key was quite an interesting adventure, but easy with a rooted phone.
Quite sad, that Daikin tokens needs to be refreshed every month :frowning:
Good news, that it supports older wifi modules so it would be worse case workaround :slight_smile:

And yes - I am having issues with residential app. Cannot add those new Daikin devices to my account even after pairing and connecting to my wifi. Getting this error:
Connecting to cloud failed
Failed to connect your device to the cloud
Status code: 6013
And service tab in app is having infinitive loading icon

Is it working for you?

No, my custom py script is not working but not returning any errors (response = 200) and my Residential app is not working also.

I guess there’s an issue with Daikin cloud.

I’m curious to aslo add the old wifi. module. If you have tested and some pics howto let us know

Of course. All you need is in this topic (in French):

@PluViteKaFon as far as I have seen, the application is using cognito by aws to manage authentication. Then maybe it could be possible to get the app client key in the app to authenticate against cognito?

At the moment I’m only able to replay and refresh accessToken (which is valid during 3600 seconds) via the refreshToken (valid 1 month) and use the apiKey and unitId to manage the unit. I’m just able to capture it by analyzing traffic between Residential App and AWS cloud.

The process of obtaining a refreshToken from the user login and password is not obvious to me, I’ve a lack of knowledge regarding this but if you want to help and contribute you can find our current progression in this huge topic: CTXM15R5V1B and FTXM20R5V1B : New API? · Issue #123 · cbrandlehner/homebridge-daikin-local · GitHub

thnx. Looks very nice. I go first try to open the cage to see if the s21 is available.

Is there a cable delivered with the wifi module? Else is there a pinout how to connect dupont cable on the S21 and that to the wifi module.

I’m sorry, I will not be from a great help with precise development.

Here is the doc for cognito Using Tokens with User Pools - Amazon Cognito

The best would be that daikin would configure like others (netatmo) have done a way to configure api keys. Then one would be able to create a new « app » against cognito and then use it to authenticate, get jwt for access and refresh token.

A short term work-around where people would put their « hardly » got access token and refresh token.
It is ashame that refresh token are valid only one month, even on mobile app this will be troublesome.

Is the product BRP069B42, the BRP069B41 but than + the right the cable to the S21 port?