Daikin AC temperature randomly changes after set by Home Assistant

No automations at play.

Open an issue here:

I will later tonight.

Heres a little clip of it in action:

FYI

Sorry about that. Re-uploaded it and allowed embedding.

Add this to your configuration.yaml file:

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.daikin: debug

Restart, and try setting the temperature again. Wait for it to fail/revert and paste the system debug log here.

You will need this log for your issue too.

I put in that code, restarted and tweaked the temperature and I’m not seeing anything in the logs.

Then the integration isn’t doing anything.

Yea that sounds like a bug for sure.

I also tried with another snippet of code in the configuration.yaml

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.daikin: notset
    pydaikin: notset

I found this bit of code from @fredrike in another thread regarding Daikin AC’s.

Restarted, reproduced temperature change issue, checked logs, nothing at all.

I’ve seen the issue. The thing is that “it worked before”, we need to know the last version when it worked as expected so we can trace the changes.

Updated issue with my best guess as when it was working correctly, Release 2022.3.8

I have a similar issue with my Daikin‘s all of a sudden they’re normally set at 75 Fahrenheit if I try to change it it shows to be changed for about 90 seconds or so then It goes back to the 75°F. I can change it manually with the remote control and once I do so if I try to change it off of that number it keeps going back to whatever I set it at with the remote control. The other functions of the Daikin integration seem to work fine just temperature adjustment is where I see the problem.

Experiencing same issue after installing a new adapter mid February 2022, so at least 2022.2.x I think.

I’ve updated to 2022.4.6 which contains a fix for this issue. I’m still experiencing issues.

Ok, did some digging and this is what I’ve found. I’m currently running 2022.4.6, my unit has a BRP072A43 module (fw 2.9.0). Daikin Comfort App 2.0.

Below is a table to show the temperature in Fahrenheit being set in HA, temperature sent through the integration, temperature sent when using the app configured in Fahrenheit, when it succeeds changing the temperature in the unit.

F temp  stemp ha    stemp app   changed temp in unit
68      20          20          yes 
69      20.6        20.5        no
70      21.1        21          no
71      21.7        21.5        no
72      22.2        22          no
73      22.8        23          no
74      23.3        23.5        no
75      23.9        24          no
76      24.4        24.5        no
77      25          25          yes
78      25.6        25.5        no

@fredrike Should I create a new issue in Github for this?

So the fix for this issue didn’t solve the issue?

I think you should create a new issue and tag @vanackej, it is he who introduced the issue so he should fix it.

Edit: It seems like you need to send decimal .5, something like this should fix it: rounding - Round to 5 (or other number) in Python - Stack Overflow

Or, start using Celsius (from the great Swedish inventor Anders Celsius) like the rest of the world :wink:

Thanks @fredrike. Not so sure @vanackej was the one that introduced the issue. Not really sure if this rounding has always been needed and no one noticed or it’s due to a recent firmware upgrade on the adapter itself.

I’ll create the issue anyway and tag you both. Hopefully could be fixed soon.

Thanks @fredrike. Just created the issue:

Agree with you, it seems the adapter is expecting a rounding to .0 or .5 for some reason.

Rounding to .5 implemented, hope it will fix the issue.
I think there were some incorrect behaviors for users using Fahrenheit units before my initial contribution, but it definitly made it worse, sorry

2 Likes

@vanackej @fredrike After updating to 2022.4.7 temperature is being set properly now. Thank you so much for fixing this!