Daikin airbase - testing new version of pydaikin

2023.7.2 has also knocked out my integration - it looks like it’s also a case of changed entity name.

My old one was climate.daikin_ac, while now it’s climate.daikin_airbase - so will just need to go through and update everything…

Problem solved. Renamed the device in the Daikin app from Daikin Airbase to Daikin AC, deleted and re-added the integration, and problem solved - device names back to what they were before!

Ditto, just updated from 2023_4_6 → 2023_7_2, and it’s re-added the integration with a different naming structure.
I have the word climate.daikin & switch.daikin in automations 273 as of now - this is going to be fun renaming the lot.
Might just re-launch the old container for now.

HI yesterday;
Just turned on 2023_7_2, it didn’t unfortunately. :frowning:

If you rename your devices in the Daikin airbase app to your desired name the new integration should create them with the legacy name and you shouldn’t have to rename in Home Assistant.

1 Like

Yes, this is how I solved it and ideally the best solution. The new behaviour makes sense from a new user (device name now matches the Daikin config), it’s just the impact on existing changes. Ideally this should be in the Breaking Changes notes for the 23.7 release …

3 Likes

Hi Mark;
I don’t have access to the App, and haven’t for about 5 years.
When I configured the integration (back in 0.7x/0.8x days) the Daikin app was so shit we couldn’t even launch it on a Pixel 3, and had to fire up an old HTC to run it.
The daikin integration is probably one of the most important features for HA for me, obviously for heating and the family/kids, so I’m terrified of using it.
Going through and manually renaming everything now.

Ok;
Just had a serious problem. I had two Daikin devices on the same IP address since the upgrade, both had a unique name, thus unique entities; the original one, and the new one. As a result, I could not just delete one, I had to delete both at once.

When I tried to re-add the integration, it prompted me for the host/IP, the API and password - which I have no idea what they are.

I’ve rolled back, but was wondering if anyone knows how to manually manipulate the integration data in the backend of HA? I do not have access to the app / API / login etc.

Hi All;

Does anyone know the finer details of the HA backend?

I’m planning to delete all the duplicate entries in core.device_registry & core.entity_registery, however, will the integration try and add them again?

What’s / where is the code that envoked HA to create a second device with new naming? (ie. I want to ensure I delete the correct ones that will be orphaned now).

Thanks

Hi All, I’ve tried 23.07.02 twice now and had to revert to a backup to get my heating working again. Will this migration eventually be fixed or am I going to need to reinstall the integration and reconfigure all the automations that i have? thanks

You shouldn’t need any passwords, you can just put in the IP and continue.

Is there a reason you can’t just delete the integration, re-add it and just make sure all the entities are named the same as they were previously?

That’s what I did. Didn’t have to update any automations or dashboard items.

Yes, that sounds nice, when you know what happened, you have time, or the family is not freaking out that the heat didn’t turn on and they’re freezing.

This was a breaking change and was nowhere mentioned.

1 Like

Nah, that’s the issue. No warning, upgraded from 2023_5_x to 2023_7_2, and the integration added a second device with new naming on all the entities. This has occurred before in the past many many releases ago (back in 0.xx days), and again now, which is extremely frustrating given it’s a very long standing integration.
And similar to Joel; rather important to so my kids don’t wake up freezing. (-5 here overnight).

Just did a duplicate container to 2023_7_2, delete both the original device, and new device, thus no Daikin Integrations.

Added it again using just the IP address, (I didn’t realise API and password weren’t mandatory), and it’s added the zone switches under new (or the very old) naming convention, and NO climate device/entity.

The entity ids weren’t supposed to change but I now see where the problem is. Apologies for not marking it as a breaking change.

Should I wait before making any fixes on this end? ie; will a future release possibly change the device/switch naming convention?
As it stand currently I have no Climate Entity on a fresh integration add.
ta

@mover85 I see that there’s another daikin change in 7.3, is that going to fix the previous issue?

What about those who upgraded to 7.2 and now want to upgrade to 7.3, is this going to affect them, after their entity names got changed last time?

Joem; I’ll be updating tonight (approx 6-7hours from this post).

I’ll report back, I do have the benefit of duplicating Docker Containers, and if they go bad it’s torch and burn & roll back.

It should be ok

Joem / mover85;

Naming convention is still new, ie, not what it was in May/June. Actually, it’s really old, from 0.7x days.

Climate and Switches are all present.

Side note; 2023.7.3 is taking waaaaaaaaaaay longer for my container to start up, and random other stuff is now broken to. Going back to 2023.7.2