Daikin BRP069B41 new firmware 1.2.54 still compatible with HA?

Hi, Merry Christmas everyone

I received an update notification in my Daikin Android app, that a new firmware version 1.2.54 is available for my BRP069B41 devices (currently they are on release 1.2.51).
Until I install this new version, I am no longer able to operate the airco with the Daikin app, unless I use the login not at home option (the local at home setting only allows me to push the new firmware)

I am affraid that by pushing the new firmware, I will loose the ability to control the airco with Home assistant, so I did not push it yet.

Does anyone already have this new firmware into his airco, and is still able to control it with HA ?

Hello, Merry Christmas to you as well.

I have 4 of these units, and sacrificed one for testing. I updated 1.2.51 to 1.2.54. To my delight, there are no issues whatsoever from HA.

I also have two older devices running on 3.3.6, updated one today to 3.3.9 and it works like a charm from HA as well.

Based on the above, I am going to go ahead and update all of them. I can’t find any release notes from Daikin, which is not very user friendly. I cannot seem to find any additional functionality in the Daikin app, either.

Hope this helps, greetings from Budapest!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, I was really afraid of Daikin building in some kind of security certificates that make it impossible to keep controlling the units via other means than their own app or remote control.
It is a good thing they allow local control of their devices.

1 Like

I have two Daikin ac and I’ve upgraded one of them from 1.2.51 to 1.2.54. It works with the app and HA too, but doesn’t show the consumption anymore. I’ve tried to poweroff totally the ac but didn’t help. The app says “no answer from the adapter”. I’ve tried to get with curl the consumption (/aircon/get_day_power_ex), it says: “ret=NG (time is not sync)” The apps says at the time setting: 20yy/mm/dd hh:mm as the current adapter date and time. Earlier it happened but after a poweroff/poweron it was working again, but not now. I left the other one on 1.2.51, now it works with HA -even with consumption- not with the app… :slight_smile: Would be cool to let us to set up an own time server but Daikin didn’t answer anything when I’ve asked they to help (about 2 years ago)

I upgraded my 2 units, and everything went well.
I can still read the power consumption from the app, and got no errors.

Here exact the same as “effpe Peter”, 4 unit (two 1.2.51 to 1.2.54 en two 3.3.6 to 3.3.9). Although the Daikin-controllers app is not the most reliable software everything works fine in their own app and HA after the updates. (HA is more reliable and works always, their own app sometimes falters) Power consumption through HA also still works.

Best regards,
Léon

Yes, after a few days finally it synced the time and the consumption is readable again in the app and in HA too. I’ve upgraded the other one too and worked instantly without any problems.

I have a FXF35 unit on 1.2.54 that’s controlled by the old Daikin Controller app (and HA).

Daikin has a new Onecta app that I’d like to try, it does detect my AC but it requires updating the AC to a new FW 1.14.68.

Any experiences with this FW? Still fine with HA? Thanks!

Did you try after all? Unfortunately I am away from home for a couple months, so I cannot guinea pig this one.

Yes I did, I’m on the new firmware, the new Daikin iOS app (Onecta) and the HA integration still works as it did before, so all good here. It seems to depend on the type of the Wifi controller. I have the BRP069B45 - the “B” models should be fine.

Hi! Would you be willing to sacrifice again one of your units to test with 1_14_84?

Hmm, I am not seeing any updates for my units. And I am not even sure where to check the current version in Onecta. Where can you check it?

Update: never mind, I found it. Mine says I am on 1_14_78, and it doesn’t offer an update. Weird.

Hi! I don’t think one can trigger or force the update to appear. But I agree this is weird :thinking:

I am now with firmware 1_14_68 and it offers me 1_14_84 (which I am a bit hesitant to install).

OK, now I got the update and sacrificed one of my units.

Can confirm that the new 1_14_84 version still works with Home Assistant.

Unit is a Daikin Sensira FTXF35D with the BRP069B41 wifi module.

when daikin releases new SW… do they publish any release notes? or is just try and see :tada:
at lest to know if it is bringing anything new…like .5 adjustments for example… or if everything stays as it is

Also tested Stylish with B revision wlan for firmware 1_14_84 and all seem to be OK with home assistant.

any improvements? i only miss having 0.1 degrees precision in temp probes :slight_smile: (and not 0.5 precision as now)