Daikin BRP069BXX compatibility with HA

Hello,

I’m new here, I’ve not yet installed and configured HA but I’m looking into it as it seems a really nice project (just launched the Docker image to test some things).

I am planning on buying a (2 or 3 to be more precise) Daikin A/C and I was wondering about the compatibility of the BRP069BXX wifi modules. On the component page we can see that BRP069AXX module is mentioned but not the B one.
I’ve also found this on the forum, but it is not really explicit on the fact that it is/isn’t working with HA.
As I can only find the B module in my country, and because I don’t want to invest good money in an A/C + wifi module that I could not use with HA, I prefer to ask here if there is a functional difference between the 2.
Does somebody use the B model with HA?

Thanks

1 Like

@ Maskart Regarding your post here can you confirm that the BRP069BXX module fully works with HA.

Thanks

Hi!
I’m sorry but mine is not working.
I have always the message in log that there is an error:

“Error while setting up platform daikin”
“components/daikin.py”

I would like to connect it to HA but it’s not working.
Rick

2 Likes

Thank you @Maskart for your response.
Really sad to hear this (and also glad I didn’t bought the A/C and the B wifi module before asking here). Didn’t thought it would be so different from the A module.
So how do you control it? You use the Daikin mobile app?
I don’t really know what A/C compatible with HA and available in my country (and also that could work without “the cloud”) I could look for now.
What A/C that could be controlled by HA do you guys use?

Oh, BTW, I forgot to ask you @Maskart : don’t you have any explicit message in your error log? Like something that could give a clue why it is not working. Maybe it just needs to be configured in another way or a simple parameter changes in the code.

Hello,
I have the same problem - HA does not work with module BRP069B41. In the error log, this error is: “2018-09-07 17:20:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform daikin”
The entry in configuration.yaml seems to me to be okay.
sensor:
- platform: daikin
host: 192.168.1.19
monitored_conditions:
- inside_temperature
- outside_temperature

1 Like

Thanks @TomasE for your input.
That’s really sad to hear, as I was almost sure that the B module will work on HA. Not expecting it to be that different from the A module, but it seems it is. Just have to see if somebody can help and make B module also compatible in time. I’m just starting with HA and with home automation in general, so I have quite a lot to learn.
Wondering what I could use now for the A/C I will need to purchase in a few weeks…

Hi!
I’ve searched the daikin.py source code and I found that the commands are different from the ones sent by the daikin app. I’ve made some commands logging with an app on my phone when I was running the daikin app and I’ve seen that the commands are different.
I have no time and no clue to see how can I add these commands to the HA component.
I’m working with the daikin app but I would like also to get it to HA.

2 Likes

Hi there!!
Just to tell you that the model B that I have is working now perfectly.

1 Like

Did you do something or the component just working?

Edit: I have bought Daikin ftxc35b with wifi module brp069b45 and everything is working from one touch!