Daikin BRP072C42 WIFI custom component

Glad to hear this is working for someone else than me :slight_smile:

Their are 2 kind of sensors:

Total Power Consumption
It will report the power consumption of all modes and all AC summed. It is updated each time the API reports a 100Wh consumption and then smoothed over 30min to get a power in kW. So you should have a lag up to 30min to get accurate results. But in the end the integral should be 100% accurate

Last Hour Cool/Heat Energy Consumption
It will report the energy consumption of one mode and one AC alone. It is updated when the API updates its own energy consumption history, on a hourly basis (10 minutes past each hour actually). So every hour +10min this sensor will report the energy consumption (in kWh) of the last hour. In the end the integral is 99% accurate (should be 100% with the next release)

1 Like

I can also confirm that the integration works with two Daikin Alira units. The climate entities were recognised when I renamed them, but the temperature sensors were not.

After manually selecting them in my automations, all works well.

Hi everyone, awesome work on the integration. I just had an Daikin Alira installed this afternoon, I setup the wifi for the BRP072C42 and added to HA - too easy!
When adding through the integration you’ll need the IP address on your local network and the “Key” (mine is a 13 digit number). The password field can be left blank.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

To avoid new people scrolling through this post I have updated the top post to say its now in 0.110.

I have been running on the 0.110 code base for over a week with no issues so if you were using my custom component version or a version of @fredrike changes you can now remove these when upgrading to 0.110. You may need to re-add the integration if it does not automatically upgrade the existing entities.

2 Likes

Hey,

New to HA and I do have a new Daikin that was installed in 2020 with wifi comp built in, does this work with it?

I have tried:

curl --insecure -H "X-Daikin-uuid: acebc2096cfc454f87d0505cd313106b" --head "http://192.168.86.41/common/register_terminal?key=0109822841945"

Result:

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
Content-Length: 30
Content-Type: text/plain

If I try with HTTPS:

curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.86.41 port 443: Connection refused

If I try:

curl --insecure -H "X-Daikin-uuid: 7b9c9a47c9c64ee19063848e67cc7edd" -v "http://192.168.86.41/common/basic_info"

*   Trying 192.168.86.41...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to 192.168.86.41 (192.168.86.41) port 80 (#0)
> GET /common/basic_info HTTP/1.1
> Host: 192.168.86.41
> User-Agent: curl/7.64.1
> Accept: */*
> X-Daikin-uuid: 7b9c9a47c9c64ee19063848e67cc7edd
>
* HTTP 1.0, assume close after body
< HTTP/1.0 200 OK
< Content-Length: 305
< Content-Type: text/plain
<
* Closing connection 0
ret=OK,type=aircon,reg=eu,dst=1,ver=1_2_51,rev=D3A0C9F,pow=1,err=0,location=0,name=%44%61%69%6b%69%6e%41%50%35%34%38%37%38,icon=0,method=polling,port=3005ad

Seems that I have a connection but I can’t run the register command, and nothing is showing up in HA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Only the newer controllers that use https use the register_terminal command.

If it is only responding to http then it sounds like one of the older controllers which should be detected as a new device automatically by the standard component built into Home Assistant.

If it is not being detected by Home Assistant it should be possible to manually add it under Configuration > Integrations > + (in a circle at the bottom right) > Daikin AC.
The only detail you will need for the Configure Daikin AC page that pops up is the IP address which you have there as 192.168.86.41.

If that doesn’t work have a look at the sticker on the WIFI unit and let us know the model number, it should start with something like BRP. If its not the model I have I cant say Ill be able to get it to add but I can point you at the right place.

You are awesome! I really appreciate the help.

When I try to add it via Configuration > Integration I cannot see Daikin AC. Just Daikin.

If I try to add it via the Daikin addon I get after submitting:
https://monosnap.com/file/1YFbgaAWnHeRgf5AX9ZgiotA8P4CMR

My model is:
https://monosnap.com/file/J66USHRyEotfIrlISjvPWbNuwfXwnc

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

@nzhook just a reminder not sure if you saw my prev post. :slight_smile:

Unfortantly thats not the model I have and it doesnt list the model number on the sticker which makes it much harder to point you somewhere.

As the main component’s developer @fredrike may recognise the model and give some guidance.

Although I’m not sure why my Home Assistant says Daikin AC and yours just says Daikin. This may just be a translation difference but just to make sure are you running the latest version of Home Assistant (0.112.0)?

I see, got it.

Is it somehow possible to find the model number somewhere on the device?

The unit I bought is: Daikin Stylish

It says the inside unit code is: FTXTA30

Hey Guys. I finally moved to 0.113.2 and removed the old custom component and added both my units via the integration. I have 2x BRP072C42 wi-fi modules. The integration instructions say you need both the API Key and password and it threw me off. The instructions should say “KEY” is required and leave password blank as I found out from @flatstrap . After that everything went smoothly. Also bummer my more expensive US7 model doesn’t show power comsumption stats but my cheaper CORA model does. Any who keep up the great work @fredrike this is still a awesome addition to home assistant.

1 Like

Hi there, I have two new Daicin AC´s. Each equipped with a wifi-module BRP069B45 - which is in fact an updated BRP069B41 - with the latest firmware. I can access them via my iPhone and the Daicin App. This works fine. But I fail to connect hassio (114) with the two aircon´s. In the integration page I do have two entries and there the IP´s are shown correct. When I enter the 13 digit Key in the Authentification field I do get an “unexcepted error” immediately. Looks like something is missing. When I enter the key as well in the password field. It takes a few seconds until I do get the same message.
Any idea what I can do?

I think this development has caused the older models to stop working.
I have the european model brp069b41 which worked fine before, but does not anymore.

Basically it seems to be trying to connect to port 443 of the device while older models connect to the device via port 80 I think.

Error goes in the line of what @moorey81 seems to be saying.

Cannot connect to host 192.168.1.20:443 ssl:False

It seems to also be using a “daikin_brp072c.py” file which I suppose is not correct.

Regards, Stefan

Perhaps am I having the same problem?
I have an error on 443 port
Here the discussion

Thanks

Yes, this looks to be exactly the same problem I have.
In your case the system seems to be calling also this “daikin_brp072c.py” file which probably is not the correct one to use.

Now that I had a bit of time I have downloaded 0.113.1 and changed the “daikin” component to a custom component named “daikin_old” and changed the few things that needed to be changed to make it work.
I have my AC’s working again now running the last version of HA.
Not sure how to proceed…
Suppose I’ll wait to see if this gets addressed. If you @moorey81 or someone else needs me to test new code with these older Daikin units just contact me.
If you @Haw3000 want me to send me the custom component, just contact me, too.

I’ll keep watching this thread…

Regards to all and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks. I have written you a private message

I’m running into the same issue as well with a BRP069B41.

Were you able to resolve it?

I was hoping @moorey81 sees this thread again and takes a look at the code, but this hasn’t happened yet.

I’ve created a custom component with the old daikin code, prior to 0.113.2.
It works fine for me.
@Haw3000 has also managed to get it to work.

It’s just a small hack to have my system working again, but if you want it, send me a DM and I’ll send it to you.

Regards, Stefan

1 Like

I’ll do that. Thanks for the help in the mean time!