Daikin Heat pump Altherma Integration

I have Daikin Altherma LAN adapter (BRP069A61 or BRP069A62). Found a tool made in Java which can read and write via MQTT and created hassio add-on over that. No autoconfiguration or nice dashboard, but works for me to get sensors and also set what can be set. Feel free to use and comment GitHub - jaakla/home-assistant-addons: Some random small HA addons

**** S O L V E D *****

I don’t know what I did, but, after yet another reboot, the integration is visible and I have it working.

Hi all you fantastic people.

I installed the daikin_residential_brp069a62 today, but I cannot seem to get it set up. I went through the installation via HACS:

I can see that it has been installed by looking at the folder structure.
I restarted HA then tried to follow these instructions:

The trouble is that I cannot see the “Daikin Residential Controller for BRP069A62”.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Nice to see some new add-ons. Did not get it to work with first try. It would be nice to see some steps how did you install it.

I have Altherma 3 EHBX08DA9W and lan adapter BRP069A61 with old firmware 17003905. Do not want to update. Should it work with old firmware and no cloud stuff?

@stosoorok Daikin Residential (my integration) requires new firmware and works via cloud, so will not work with old firmware (there is note about this in readme).

You should try integration from Tadas (here). This is not using clould, but connects locally (over LAN) using WebSockets.

Anyone figured out how to read the flow? As we already know the output temp and elektricity energy, we then should be able to calculate the COP.

1 Like

I read all the post and I cannot find the way for changing the actual cost of Gas/Electricity in order to make the heat pump working with the electric motor when the solar panel is producing… I would like to make this automatic in a sunny day so I can save some money in consuming gas.
Any idea to do that? @tadas @MicheleMercuri
I have Daikin Altherma LAN adapter (BRP069A62)
Thanks

If you have an Altherma hibrid heat pump you can set gas/energy costs in heat pump panel.
maybe you can set an “automation” in HA, but I’m a newbie of HA :grin: and I don’t know how to help you.
Btw, if you will find useful I try to describe what I made in my HA: I have an Altherma Bi-Bloc Daikin (only Electric and no gas), to maximize my solar production (I’ve no convenience to send photovoltaic energy production to the grid) I set an automation to turn on heat pump when battery charge (I’ve a Huawei Luna2000) is over 80%, photovoltaic power is over 1.000W and photovoltaic forecast production energy is over 1.500kWh in next hour.
So I think you first have to try to set correct energy costs in Daikin panel and then try with home assistant automation.

This is my HA automation:

If: (and)
Battery charge is over 80%
Photovoltaic power in over 1.000W
Forecast photovoltaic energy next hour in over 1500kWh
Then
Turn on Altherma
Wait for 2 hour
after turn off.

This is the code:

alias: Max PV Self Consumption
description: Massimizza Autoconsumo da fotovoltaico
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.battery_state_of_capacity
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 15
      seconds: 0
    above: '80'
    id: Carica Batteria maggiore di 80
    entity_id: sensor.input_power
    id: Fotovoltaico con potenza maggiore 1.000W
    above: '1000'
    for:
    entity_id: sensor.energy_next_hour
    above: '1.50'
    for:
condition:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.battery_state_of_capacity
    above: '80'
    entity_id: sensor.input_power
    above: '1000'
    entity_id: sensor.energy_next_hour
    above: '1.50'
action:
  - service: climate.turn_on
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: climate.altherma
  - delay:
      hours: 2
      minutes: 0
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: climate.turn_off
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: climate.altherma
mode: single

3 Likes

Just tested the main component and it now works. I will close my repository so we can have a single place for this component.

1 Like

Thanks @BigFoot2020 for the link.

@tadas I tried your version with BRP069A61, but it won’t work right away. It finds the adapter but then fails.

Error setting up entry Daikin HVAC controller (serial nr) for daikin_altherma
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 327, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/daikin_altherma/__init__.py", line 53, in async_setup_entry
    hass.data[DOMAIN][entry.entry_id] = api = await setup_api_instance(
  File "/config/custom_components/daikin_altherma/__init__.py", line 32, in setup_api_instance
    await api.api_init()
  File "/config/custom_components/daikin_altherma/__init__.py", line 133, in api_init
    self._climate_control_powered = await self._device.climate_control.is_turned_on
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_turned_on'

Can you give a hint what I should try?

Hi,
I don’t own this heat pump, but I’m trying to understand the limitations to decide to install or no this heat pump. The Mitsubishi Zubadan seems to not face the problem that I will describe bellow.

I know that {Madoka + Lan adapter} with Alterna 3 on a two zones with the Daikin official app let us control the heat pump for the ZONE 1 and the hot water only.
We are not able to control ZONE 2.
I don’t know if it we can put the heat pump totally ON or OFF because of that.

My question is: are we able to take rid of this limitation with HASS or the different projects described on this topic ?
Or is it more a limitation of the LAN adapter, meaning we have no way to do that with this adapter?

I also saw a different solution called ESPAltherma.
Are we able to get rid of the described problem with this solution ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

EDIT : We can’t call Daikin, and even professionals don’t know this kind of limitation. I had to search deep in forums. Sush a shame.

@ablyes you are right, these professionals only sell and install these pumps and sometimes change faulty parts. Been there, done that.

I have Daikin Altherma 3 and lan adapter. I use lan adapter with wemos d1 mini + two relays. You can’t turn it off completely, you can put it to ‘forced off’ mode. It is like ‘standby mode’. According to @raomin you can turn off the heating mode with ESPAltherma and additional relay, I can’t confirm that, I do not need this function. If you want to turn it off completely, you can cut the power with contactor.

Hi @stosoorok thank you for your quick reply.
Do you have 2 Zones ?
If yes, how do you manage the second zone ?

• change temperature
  • change mode
  • see temperature
  • etc

I have one zone and DHW. I can’t change the temperature, I use the weather curve. But I don’t like weather curve, especially in spring, cold nights and hot sun, too much electricity is wasted at night and then you have to open windows at day time. That’s why I’m looking for better solution like @tadas but it does not work with my lan adapter.

But for other details I use ESPAltherma. Great solution for temps and monitoring. Here’s some pictures.

Are you just setting automation to come on when you see power going -value on your power monitor.

I have shelly 3em where I can pull - value and then to turn on a Shelly 1 (smart switch) as you have it wried.

Any thoughts on this?

This was very helpfully to figure out different settings.

Anoyone knows if the energy data are stored in BRP adapters if a power failure or power off pause occurs please ?
I don’t have my Daikin FTX indoor units registered on Daikin servers. I’m using my own home automation based on Openhab2.

EXAMPLE
http get request:
http://daikinIP/aircon/get_week_power

answer:
ret=OK,today_runtime=3,datas=0/0/0/0/0/0/0
7 zeroes should be energy consumption on monday… sunday

How can I read out Energy Consumption Data?

Thank you.

This integration worked out perfect for me. I can also use the boost function for heating the tank.
Thnx

I would like to thank @Lontra and @BigFoot2020 for their work!
I used Lontra’s integration, worked out of the box, like a charm!
I won’t buy a madoka now (I was thinking of one just to control the heat pump from upstairs) I will just use a tablet wall panel that I will make, and probably I will install a wall mounted temperature sensor, to cover the cables already installed for madoka.
Now I am thinking about what automations I could make!

Regards from Greece!

Still no solution to change the cost of gas/electricity? I would like to make it work only with gas if I don’t have any solar production of energy but I can’t really figured out on how I can do that!
Thanks